Old info on Armynet

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by The_Cheat, Apr 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was looking through the 'Support Weapons' school's armynet page and the info was terrible! All of the course dates have passes (many of them by over a year). I only looked at the TA courses but if this is anything to go by then the others might need help also.

Is there any way this can be flagged up to them so they can get it sorted. If the info was up to date this would be an excellent resource as grabbing the PSI on a training night is often very hard.

The page can be found at

ArmyNET Home / HQ Infantry Home / Infantry Courses / Infantry Courses

This gives a list of downloadable course dates.

Hope it's ok posting this here.

T C

2. TC

We only provide the infrastructure and technical assistance to those that wish to post information. I wish we had the ability to force people to update their sites.

On most of the unit pages there is a page properties link (bottom of left hand nav bar) which should contain an email or phone number of the page owner. Hopefully if they become more aware of the potential resource they may be more inclined to keep them upto date, after all you are their customer and they should be working to make your life easier.

3. Thanks for the reply there. I was pretty sure I'd have to contact the unit direct, I was just unsure of how best to do it.

Thanks for your help.

T C

4. Thanks for the reply there. I was pretty sure I'd have to contact the unit direct, I was just unsure of how best to do it.

Thanks for your help.

T C

5. Use ArmyNet sharepoint, its got many ARRSE users maintaining the content (it can be updated very easily)

6. JPA L has hit the nail on the head - Sharepoint is the way forward.

ARL