Old GV kit

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Holdfast, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of any old GV kit lying around in any stores area's.

Rocket basket, Drill rockets, launch rail etc?

Any help greatly appreciated.
  2. NO kit but I have some photos of one being fired

Attached Files:

3. feck, i thought you were on about Gornji Vakuf & you wanted some Slivovitz. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. Please don't mention sleepinaditch - 11 years ago and my liver still isn't talking to me! :D
  5. Doesn't it make you feel old that half the people on Arrse won't have the slightest idea where Gornji Vakuf is? Where does the time go... :p
  6. F_M .... i know my liver & kidneys would be glad if i never knew where Gornji Vakuf was. :oops:
  7. That reminds me - time for a Å¡livo and a pivo :twisted:
  8. Brings back memories of 92, building the Sqn bar in Split before we moved up country. We had the Booties from downstairs come up and use our bar as the R Sigs wouldn't let them drink and play their games in the Sigs bar.
    A few good nights to be remembered or forgotten.
  9. The only place they rarely fired the Viper, was in Suffield, in my time.
  10. Spare a thought then for us who served in the early 70's then. :D
  11. I know - my knees, back and neck ache :D
  12. Any-one remember "Fiddlers on the Roof" in Split
  13. Ožujsko pivo! For your edification http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%C5%BEujsko_beer
  14. There was one down there (near the transit accommodation) and one in another part of DJ Barracks. As I only ever visited the latter pished out of my skull, I can't be any more specific than that unfortunately. There was nothing better than getting on a jolly to Split, knowing that you'd be soaking up the excess beer with a huge Echos breakfast the next morning. :D

Bosnia in the immediate few years after the war was a top place to be - plenty of work to be done, loads of different camps to travel between, enough of a threat to make things interesting without being particularly dangerous. I don't suppose we knew how lucky we were, considering what came along a few years later...
  15. aaaah good old GV... with the Air Corps bar complete with swimming pool (albeit frozen solid when i was there!) and the inf bar. We chose to drink our selves to oblivion in the AAC bar as they got us out of there come tour end. Then down to the RE(?) bar on the shoreline in DJ barracks to watch the sun go down, and rise again with an ice cold beer in hand.........happy days :relax: