Old Grey Whistle Test Live: For one night only: Friday 23 Feb on BBC4

John Otway! Barking, but brilliant! :-D

Watching on catch up because of the rugby... Feck me , Albert Lee can play that guitar, saw him years ago with Bill Wyman's band , and also Garry Broker, forgot just how good he is

And does he have a bad syrup?

I'll do the download tmrw.

Great heads-up, OP!
I was pissing my self at the amount of AstroTurf on Gary Numan's head and that he appears to have bought his outfits from Kanye Wests dystopian post apocalypse zombie tramp collection. I thought Bob was a bit kind to him when he should described as derivative shite.

Nice evening but I want a showcase rather than a retospective. In other words, be what it was!
Perhaps they should have just put together a load of original clips and captioned them....... Oh! Hang on! They have and it's on now! Until 3:30 a.m. over 2 episodes, which explains where the series came from that my box caught when I set the "one-off" to record.

Well I enjoyed it, apart from Toyah (I'm an actress) Wilcox. Go away annoying thing

Well I enjoyed it, apart from Toyah (I'm an actress) Wilcox. Go away annoying thing
Funny how some of them come across as pretentious idiots, and some not, isn't it? Danny Baker was the next worst. What he said was good, he just went on and on saying it....

Would have liked to see Captain Beefheart on, who is playing just now on the repeat. Now he was weird.....

Funny how some of them come across as pretentious idiots, and some not, isn't it? Danny Baker was the next worst. What he said was good, he just went on and on saying it....

Would have liked to see Captain Beefheart on, who is playing just now on the repeat. Now he was weird.....
When they were talking about matching old films and animation to album tracks I was really hoping they were going to show Beefheart's Ice Cream for Crow that they'd matched up with an old 30's cartoon it had really stuck in my memory.

Captain Beefheart: "A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"

Can't say I ever understood much of his lyrics but they were fun to quote to the Dagenham skinhead bootboys in my class some, errrr.... 50 years ago!

Apparently some feminists have got their knickers in a twist because Whispering Bob presented the show on his own and it wasn’t co-hosted by Anne Nightingale, who hosted the show for 4 years after Harris left.
Does anyone equate the OGWT to Anne Nightingale?
Also, apparently female artists were ‘under represented’ across the three hours. Call me old fashioned, but isn’t that mainly because most of the classic bands and solo artists from those days were predominantly male?!
Mind you, they have a point of sorts, as Kiki Dee seemed to be afforded a bit too much air time on the night. Was she the best female icon the BBC could get into the studio? No Debbie Harry? No Wilson sisters? No Souixie?
Overall though, a very good effort Auntie Beeb and Whispering Bob, thank you.

Apparently some feminists have got their knickers in a twist because Whispering Bob presented the show on his own and it wasn’t co-hosted by Anne Nightingale, who hosted the show for 4 years after Harris left.
Does anyone equate the OGWT to Anne Nightingale?
Also, apparently female artists were ‘under represented’ across the three hours. Call me old fashioned, but isn’t that mainly because most of the classic bands and solo artists from those days were predominantly male?!
Mind you, they have a point of sorts, as Kiki Dee seemed to be afforded a bit too much air time on the night. Was she the best female icon the BBC could get into the studio? No Debbie Harry? No Wilson sisters? No Souixie?
Overall though, a very good effort Auntie Beeb and Whispering Bob, thank you.
The programme was three hours long. The first 34 minutes consisted entirely of two songs by Kiki Dee. The feminists can GFT. I don’t even remember Annie presenting it and it was compulsory viewing.

She seemed to be accompanied by Brian Pern on guitar. I thought he croaked last year.

Frampton was dull. More pub singer than guitar hero.

Molly Marriott - mmmmmmm. Nice one Stevie. Can’t believe the PC cnuts didn’t choose Humble Pie.

When those three birds (Wildwood something) came on I had a WTF moment but they were quite good.

Quite enjoyed Gazza Newman.

I think I lapsed into a coma when ME ME ME Wilcox was interviewed. Sheesh, how far can you vanish up your own arrse?

Happy I watched it but won’t bother viewing again. Assume an average track length of 3-4 minutes they could have squeezed in some 50 videos. That might have been better.

Hold on.
Just dragged out the OGWT [40th Anniversary Album] CD.
All they had from the clunge side was Blondie, Altered Images, Joan Armorplating, and Janis Ian.*
Why didn't the howling dykes moan then?

(* Does Alice Cooper count?)