Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Discipline Issues

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
A few years ago, back in 2004 I was a Trooper in my old unit. We had gone on the advance party for an FTX and we were staying in a transit camp. While I was there I noticed a couple of civis from my home town. They were working there as contractors. I was quite surprised, as both had been in prison (I know this for a fact).

I didn't speak to them but they spotted me and we all recognised each other.

A few days later a crime was committed on that camp. I was sent back to our main barracks, with no explanation (there were a few others going back anyway). When I got there, I was sent up in front of the SSM. He said that I was suspected of this crime. They could not prove it was me, but the fact that people thought it was me, was prejudicial to the unit. Therefore that was a good enough justification for me to be transferred out to another unit immediately.

I was sent to see an LE Capt, who was just generally grumpy and said I'd pissed off a lot of people.
Then I was sent to see a civi admin lady, who was more polite. She said it wasn't fair on me that no one had told me what was going on. Then I was booked on transport to a different unit. All within three days.

I wasn't fined, no RMP involved. I didn't go up in front of my OC or CO. Wasn't really questioned much.

At the time, I just got on with it. I'm pretty certain that those two civis committed the crime. I'm surprised they were cleared to work on an MoD site.

I was never told about any evidence against me. My best guess is the civis did the crime, then somehow informed my unit it was me. But why on earth my unit would listen to these two criminals seems odd. Over the years I've thought maybe they did some kind of anonymous tip off.

I should also mention that these two civis didn't like me or my family. They were pretty much cnuts. One is dead now, killed by another druggie. The other is a unemployed and hangs around. Sometimes I see him, but he's nothing to be feared now. He's gone from being a local hard man in his 20s, to a useless druggie on methadone I think. (I've seen him looking shifty in a local pharmacy, waiting for his little dose probably).

Anyway, I think now I would like to find out what has been said about me, if possible.
Will the MoD still hold this information somewhere?

I'm not sure I want to pay a solicitor, because would I be entitled to any compensation anyway? I was only transferred.

I wouldn't be entitled to any Good Conduct medal anyway, because I was charged and had those proven against me for other unrelated matters.

But could I see documents to see what allegations were made against me?
It's more the fact that one of these scrotes is still alive and got away with his lies that annoys me. I couldn't sue him, he's a junkie with nothing.

Also annoys me that I joined the army in part to get away from these kinds of people, and then the MoD allows them to come into a camp and see my face like that.

Maybe I could get a public statement from the MoD that I did not commit that crime?

D

Deleted 164106

Maybe I could get a public statement from the MoD that I did not commit that crime?
Why on earth would the MoD make a public statement to the effect of "Man who was not charged with a crime, did not commit said crime that he was not charged with."

A few years ago, back in 2004 I was a Trooper in my old unit. We had gone on the advance party for an FTX and we were staying in a transit camp. While I was there I noticed a couple of civis from my home town. They were working there as contractors. I was quite surprised, as both had been in prison (I know this for a fact).

I didn't speak to them but they spotted me and we all recognised each other.

A few days later a crime was committed on that camp. I was sent back to our main barracks, with no explanation (there were a few others going back anyway). When I got there, I was sent up in front of the SSM. He said that I was suspected of this crime. They could not prove it was me, but the fact that people thought it was me, was prejudicial to the unit. Therefore that was a good enough justification for me to be transferred out to another unit immediately.

I was sent to see an LE Capt, who was just generally grumpy and said I'd pissed off a lot of people.
Then I was sent to see a civi admin lady, who was more polite. She said it wasn't fair on me that no one had told me what was going on. Then I was booked on transport to a different unit. All within three days.

I wasn't fined, no RMP involved. I didn't go up in front of my OC or CO. Wasn't really questioned much.

At the time, I just got on with it. I'm pretty certain that those two civis committed the crime. I'm surprised they were cleared to work on an MoD site.

I was never told about any evidence against me. My best guess is the civis did the crime, then somehow informed my unit it was me. But why on earth my unit would listen to these two criminals seems odd. Over the years I've thought maybe they did some kind of anonymous tip off.

I should also mention that these two civis didn't like me or my family. They were pretty much cnuts. One is dead now, killed by another druggie. The other is a unemployed and hangs around. Sometimes I see him, but he's nothing to be feared now. He's gone from being a local hard man in his 20s, to a useless druggie on methadone I think. (I've seen him looking shifty in a local pharmacy, waiting for his little dose probably).

Anyway, I think now I would like to find out what has been said about me, if possible.
Will the MoD still hold this information somewhere?

I'm not sure I want to pay a solicitor, because would I be entitled to any compensation anyway? I was only transferred.

I wouldn't be entitled to any Good Conduct medal anyway, because I was charged and had those proven against me for other unrelated matters.

But could I see documents to see what allegations were made against me?
It's more the fact that one of these scrotes is still alive and got away with his lies that annoys me. I couldn't sue him, he's a junkie with nothing.

Also annoys me that I joined the army in part to get away from these kinds of people, and then the MoD allows them to come into a camp and see my face like that.

What you're saying then is that you're a Scouser.

Maybe they just didn't like you. If you were truly suspected of committing a crime in the real world, I feel a proper investigation might well have taken place.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Why on earth would the MoD make a public statement to the effect of "Man who was not charged with a crime, did not commit said crime that he was not charged with."

True.
But if someone made an allegation against me like that, would my unit be obliged to write it down?
I feel that the alleged must have come from the civi police, to my unit.
Why would anyone from my unit talk directly to these civis?

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Maybe they just didn't like you. If you were truly suspected of committing a crime in the real world, I feel a proper investigation might well have taken place.

I had previous charges proven against me in that unit. I was fined 7 days pay by my CO.
But that's not the point.

You are fretting about something that happened 16 years ago? FFS if you are really that bothered put in a SAR for all your documents and look to see what was written down. Perhaps someone in authority thought you were a dick and used it as an excuse to offload you to another unit. 16 years FFS!

If Records were requested to have you posted out so quickly, perhaps they may have something?

Also, and it's a long shot. Track down your SSM on social media and ask him outright. He may fück you off, or you may get an answer, who knows?

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
You are fretting about something that happened 16 years ago? FFS if you are really that bothered put in a SAR for all your documents and look to see what was written down. Perhaps someone in authority thought you were a dick and used it as an excuse to offload you to another unit. 16 years FFS!

I didn't realize it was that long. 16 years sounds like such a long time.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt

• If Records were requested to have you posted out so quickly, perhaps they may have something?

Also, and it's a long shot. Track down your SSM on social media and ask him outright. He may fück you off, or you may get an answer, who knows?
I wouldn't want to do that

Latest Threads