Old clothing still in good nick

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bennett, Mar 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this has been done before?

One of our chaps turned up for Ex this weekend in a "Falklands Smock" that was worn in the Falklands conflict by a member of his fanily.
    The smock is obviously very well warn and is 3 years older than it's current owner but still in good nick. My question is there is lots of good old kit floating round that people prefer over the issue CS95 stuff, is some of the old kit still better than issue or is it all down to OCdts walting a little? I use an old wind proof smock and it does me fine and prefer it over the ripstop stuff.
  2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I think it's fine as long as it's DPM - once had a cadet rock up in his dads (!) denison jacket! Nice enough guy though, just had to tell him to not wear it so everybody matched.

I swopped the old blue buttons on the windproof for the slotted ones. Only problem is im 5"9 and my smocks a size 190/112...!

Btw, does anyone else think the windproof isn't?
  3. Not as old , but i still have my first issue combat dpm jacket circa 1983

and my dms boots,soft as butter and comfy as feck too :)
  4. RN Officers Great coat, 1949. Now that's fully windproof.
  5. No 1 dress trousers, 1954.
  6. 1916 Trench Coat.

Beat that! :D
  7. Does it still have that chlorine smell?
  8. Sam Browne, 1918. Got a great patina on it and shines up a treat. Belonged to my father's old Colonel from WW2.
    Cap badge (father's, WW2). It's brass and mine should be gilt, but when it's polished you can't really tell and no-one's ever tried to stop me wearing it. In fact, those who know about it are all for the idea.
  9. It's kind of mustardy...