Old Army barracks in Cheltenham!

Alsacien said:
soprano54 said:
Does anyone know if there any old barracks in Cheltenham, if so whereabouts?
How old, its a Roman town :wink:

RAF "barracks" yes, old TAC (maybe still there), Ashchurch is not far away.
Alsacien thanks, it's just that I pass some buildings on my way out of Cheltenham heading towards Tewkesbury and if I was a betting man it they would have been occupied by the Army/TA at some stage. The building that sits on the junction of Tewkesbury/Gloucester road has a clock on top!

Alsacien

MIA
soprano54 said:
Alsacien said:
soprano54 said:

Alsacien thanks, it's just that I pass some buildings on my way out of Cheltenham heading towards Tewkesbury and if I was a betting man it they would have been occupied by the Army/TA at some stage. The building that sits on the junction of Tewkesbury/Gloucester road has a clock on top!
Nothing to do with the military - IIRC that is the old gas works. The old Wessex regt/Scaley TAC was off Gloucester road half a mile away (Arle Rd IIRC).

[quote="Alsacien How old, its a Roman town :wink:

RAF "barracks" yes, old TAC (maybe still there), Ashchurch is not far away.[/quote]

I thought Gloucester was the Roman town in that area. Didn't Cheltenham only came to fame, as a Spa, in the Georgian period (1700's).

Anyway, Imjin Barracks is mid way between Gloucester & Cheltenham, but until recently that was an RAF unit (Innsworth) not Army.

Alsacien said:
soprano54 said:
Alsacien said:
soprano54 said:

Nothing to do with the military - IIRC that is the old gas works. The old Wessex regt/Scaley TAC was off Gloucester road half a mile away (Arle Rd IIRC).
Yeah I 'Googled' it and you are indeed corect, cheers matey!