Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay own up. Who fell asleep at the wheel!

Ha!ha! That’s a crap junction that one. It’s just off the bridge going into dunkeld. The owner of that hotel will try and screw every penny out of it. Feel sorry for the driver because it truly is a nightmare to navigate that stretch of road. Even in a normal car.
It's a very ordinary 90 degree right turn off a main road. The problem seems to be the lack of parking restrictions opposite the turn restricting the available turning space. That and over-running the turn, failing to stop, colliding with a stationary object and leaving the scene of an accident.

Sttrory

Old-Salt
RAF regiment bravely saves cats life after avoids hitting it and safely parking lorry into railings...........you heard it here first..

What the fook is a TV aerial doing laying in the aftermath?

Screenshot_20200924-125105_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

If that's 20Ks worth of damage and MOD claims pays out they need their bloody heads examining.

ETA and if the driver wants to walk out of OCs orders with all his beer tokens intact all he needs to say is that he tried his best but the lock on a 8 wheeled SV was more hopeless than he expected.

Which it is and there are many who say it should never have been accepted into service having failed significantly on that score at the trials stage.
Your last comment on 15t SV and its turning circle was indeed a subject of many a meeting back then! And it was agreed that training, driving experience, route selection etc etc was the solution.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
The hotel manager happened to be outside when the truck parked on the hotel.
From the article:
A spokeswoman said: “Zsolt was outside picking up some things from his car when it happened.
Thank you.

My mistake.

It's a very ordinary 90 degree right turn off a main road. The problem seems to be the lack of parking restrictions opposite the turn restricting the available turning space. That and over-running the turn, failing to stop, colliding with a stationary object and leaving the scene of an accident.

The Driver's defence is, that he had a slight bump with a fixed object, stopped and maneuvered his vehicle away from the 'now unfixed' object.

Became aware of a 'non native' Jock who was photographing the incident and he felt threatened and his safety was in danger.

Left the scene as no persons were injured.

Intended to complete accident report form, report incident to the grown ups etc etc etc on arrival at a safe place.

Overreaction by 'non native' Jock.

It's not as the vehicle is not traceable, big green truck and no doubt the 'non native' Jock had recorded/photograph the registration number.

Pub owner wants to think himself lucky. Had the railing been struck by a main battle tank he may have had a 120mm (ish) air vent provided free of charge.

No pleasing some folk.

Well that would be my defence.

28 days!!!!! Well thank you Colonel.

Are they still teaching 'MOTORCYCLE TRAINING at the CENTRE' in Colchester?

The Driver's defence is, that he had a slight bump with a fixed object, stopped and maneuvered his vehicle away from the 'now unfixed' object.

Became aware of a 'non native' Jock who was photographing the incident and he felt threatened and his safety was in danger.

Intended to complete accident report form, report incident to the grown ups etc etc etc on arrival at a safe place.

It's not as the vehicle is not traceable, big green truck and no doubt the 'non native' Jock had recorded/photograph the registration number.

Pub owner wants to think himself lucky. Had the railing been struck by a main battle tank he may have had a 120mm (ish) air vent provided free of charge.

No pleasing some folk.

Plus stoppages to pay for a proportion of the damage!

Never mind the repair bill... what about the compo for those seriously affected by the traumatic event.

Mr Balogh said:
Guests who witnessed the smash from an upstairs window were left stunned: “They were shocked there were so many children walking right by when it happened. Shocked that the impact was so close to our outside seating area, where thankfully no one was at the time.”

This incident occurred near somewhere where nobody was.

The impact was so close to our outside seating area, where thankfully no one was at the time.

How life changing does it get? Just reading the article has given me PTSD. Where’s me compo so I can put this whole thing behind me and move on with my life eh?

Doubtless the insurance assessors will look at Streetview to see the pre-crash condition of the fence. It looks like it has been struck before. The quality of that repair can be assessed by one of the new photos that shows "Kev 87" inscribed in the mortar.

Polyester

War Hero
That junction is awkward. There is no visibility into the road if you are taking the direction he did as it inclines down hill after the bridge and people approach it too quickly. I happen to use it a lot so I’m afraid We’ll just have to disagree. Large arctics, twin bogey log loaders and a variety of cranes use the junction and all have tremendous difficulty using it and it’s not the first time those railings have been twatted. As you mentioned it has parking directly opposite and a regularly used access way immediately adjacent down to the river Which often compounds the issue. It is far from a typical T junction with clear manoeuvre. I can’t comment on his reasoning for leaving the scene.

Truxx

LE

No pleasing some folk.

£75 fine tops. Maybe a check test with the Master Driver.

Dr Death

War Hero
RAF regiment bravely saves cats life after avoids hitting it and safely parking lorry into railings...........you heard it here first..
RLC on a mercy dash to fight Covid19, dog ran out in front of lorry, driver decided that he would damage some rusty old railing instead of flattening an old lady's dog who is in fact her only companion. Owner of railing probably not going to put through insurance as hotel only covered for arson, say for a friend like.

Latest Threads