Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay own up. Who fell asleep at the wheel!

driverRE

Clanker
1600911369526.png

£20,000 repair bill? If it's more than £3,000, he'll be getting ripped off. The biggest cost will be putting up a temporary fence.

£20,000 repair bill? If it's more than £3,000, he'll be getting ripped off. The biggest cost will be putting up a temporary fence.
Repair bill? Looks like several thousand pounds worth of improvements...

Well at least they did not describe it as a tank.

Did anyone shout 'Pin in'.

MGB, you know.

Fence is a bit, pinny......

I'll get my coat.

Polyester

War Hero
Ha!ha! That’s a crap junction that one. It’s just off the bridge going into dunkeld. The owner of that hotel will try and screw every penny out of it. Feel sorry for the driver because it truly is a nightmare to navigate that stretch of road. Even in a normal car.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
I don’t understand how the article states the driver effed off without reporting the incident yet there is a chuffing great photo of the stationary tank ‘parked’ in the side of the hotel.

Did he hang around for a few happy snaps then whistling nonchalantly quietly drive off?

Or am I being my usual rubbish self and missing something?

I don’t understand how the article states the driver effed off without reporting the incident yet there is a chuffing great photo of the stationary tank ‘parked’ in the side of the hotel.

Did he hang around for a few happy snaps then whistling nonchalantly quietly drive off?

The hotel manager happened to be outside when the truck parked on the hotel.
From the article:
A spokeswoman said: “Zsolt was outside picking up some things from his car when it happened.

Being a Sapper , they should have first checked the nearest watering hole. Failing that he may have ben signing autographs, in the lobby. You have no idea the effects of MGB on birds They go weak at the knees being in the vicinity of a Sapper but add in a bankseat beam and bingo

O Zangado

War Hero
£20,000 repair bill? Is Mr. Zsolt Balogh (beau'iful Scottish name, innit) claiming under the Barnett formula?

Our village blacksmith and a couple of navvies would have that repaired and reinstalled within 36 hours for around 1,000 Euros (plus, of course, return flights and two weeks quarantine for three at the Athol Arms.)

OZ

Crash? What's the all-up weight of one of those things? It looks more like a gentle nudge.

Truxx

LE
If that's 20Ks worth of damage and MOD claims pays out they need their bloody heads examining.

ETA and if the driver wants to walk out of OCs orders with all his beer tokens intact all he needs to say is that he tried his best but the lock on a 8 wheeled SV was more hopeless than he expected.

Which it is and there are many who say it should never have been accepted into service having failed significantly on that score at the trials stage.

Latest Threads