Ok who was it?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Nuts_McAuliff, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News

Who was it and have you been busted / kicked out / ridiculed?
  2. This story appeared earlier somewhere. Evidently, it was someone on the civvy staff who was guiding the driver. (And he'd caused trucks to damage the gates on more than one previous occasion!)

Thus, it should be the MoD looking for pennies from the Castle.

edited to add:

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Ah the joys of jumping into a Bedford hoofing into a turn and then remembering it dosen't have powered steering like that Scania you drive in Civvie street......

The Army should ask for the gate, scrap metal prices are going through the roof at the minute
  4. Problem is its a grade 2 listed wall and Gate so thats why they are going to take so long.

it was a TA100 event so SNH royal artillery TA was doing the gun firing

went well apperntly haha
  5. I suspect that the delay is down to insurance. MoD employee takes instructions from Castle employee who publicly accepts culpability. The lawyers' fees and admin costs are going to greatly exceed any reconstruction costs.

Rebuilding a Listed wall is no slower than building an unlisted wall.

If someone writes me a formal instruction and provides photos of both sides of the wall as it was before the incident, I could arrange to have it back in service by Saturday. (A week on Saturday if any of the stone has to be replaced).
  6. Who cares old Bedford, old gate. No one got hurt. If I'd been driving the fecking castle would have been knocked down.
  7. Looks very like the incident when I took the doors off the Custom shed in Oran, Algeria with a Bedford several years ago!
  8. And a confirmed kill. :D

Evening Post
  9. ...and it was hit by a Grade 1 Listed vehicle.
    One Army, my arrse. :roll:
  10. [​IMG]

laughing now, you sick fatherless?

RIP brave squirrel.
  11. I know the driver :D

My lips are sealed. Suprised 307 bty managed to hit something. :lol:
  12. All of his mats told every one down in London, so it is no surprise now. Lets see if he is driving the ammo bedford on the next Live Firing?