OK!! Who left the gate open??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bigbird67, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Plane spotters spark terrorist alert after being waved into RAF base and allowed to start taking photos | Mail Online

A pair of helicopter spotters sparked a major terrorist alert after driving into an RAF base 'to have a look around'.
    Salesmen Max Awad, 30, and Addison Bridet, 29, were apparently waved through a military checkpoint and began taking photos of Chinooks and a Lynx.
    It was ten minutes before officers at RAF Odiham, Hampshire, realised there had been a breach and assembled an armed response team.

Somebody is going to get a smacked botty over THAT one!!!
  2. Then all hell broke loose. There were armed guards running everywhere and a tannoy blaring, "emergency, emergency, breach of code".

3. I'd be more worried about an Armed RAF QRF tbh!
  4. They shouldn't have publicised it. Now Wonk_Mog knows how to get in....
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 10 minutes??? Nice one lads.
  6. They thought it was an open day...then noticed there were no refreshment stands. Sounds to me like they were at the circus, and the clowns on the gate just waved them in.
  7. Well, it's not so bad as one Public Day at Hualien Airforce base on Taiwan. The RoC military likes to throw their doors open annually to reassure voters that their tax money is being well spent and on this one occasion the Defence Minister was visiting for a briefing. He decided to take the opportunity to 'press the flesh' with one of the groups of visitors, only to discover that they were mainlanders on a holiday tour, happily snapping away at everything in sight.

Coffee was not a feature in a great many people's mornings, that day.
  8. We were at Girdwood Park in 1977 when the alarm went off in the prison warders married quarters compound next door. Only trouble was nobody had ever heard this particular alarm ever go off before and so it was ignored for about 25 minutes until someone cottoned on what this annoying loud noise actually was. The connecting gate was then quickly unlocked and we advanced on the prison warders bungalows, weapons in the shoulder looking for tricolour waving terrorists. Given the delay in the response to the alarm, good job it was a false one eh!
  9. Was it a film set for a Bond Movie?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Oddiham, ah yes I remember the place. I used to run past it regularly. Thats the Hampshire cancer-pikey-IQ collapse syndrome cluster- entirely unasociated with those mysteriously photogenic raydomes. I found that a pie placed precariously on top of my tin foil hat would be piping hot by the time I got to the cricketers arms.
  11. "These are not the pies you're looking for"?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Someone forgot to say "Barrier down"?
  13. The RAF have a whole regiment devoted to doing just that.
  14. The joys of gate guard. The second you scratch your arse or blow your nose and wave some cnut through, it just happens to be P&SS, SIB, Al'Qaeda or the Hampshire Chopper Appreciation Club. Nobody ever remembers the other 1500 you've bonnet and booted over the previous week. Damned if you do etc. One chore I didn't miss when I came out.

That said, I once got waved on to Lakenheath, just because I was wearing shades, an A2 and riding a BFO V twin.