OK time for a locker search.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Equipment worth £500,000 stolen from MoD - Telegraph

Equipment worth £500,000 stolen from MoD

The Ministry of Defence has revealed that equipment worth more than £500,000 was stolen last year.
    Here is a list of items:
    A £750 bearskin, £230 worth of pregnancy tests, a £500 tent, £1,000 worth of morphine, helmets, night vision goggles, uniforms, backpacks, boots, radio equipment, torches, rifle parts, body armour and ammunition holders.

A £2,400 lead statue, an £8,000 set of sniper's sights, clay pigeon traps worth £32,000, a £32 office paper punch, a set of telescopic rods worth almost £68,000, catalytic converters worth £32,000 and tools worth £36,000.

The MoD also lost four generators worth a £25,000, battery packs worth £7,000, fuel worth £2,700, a £1,000 chainsaw and £5,500 worth of historic broadswords, a £200 wet suit, an inflatable dinghy, a £2,000 outboard motor and a £50 lifebuoy.

A £20 smoke grenade, a £350 snare drum, an olympic-standard weight lifting bar worth £120, £513 of gym weights and £170 worth of car parking signs.

A gas cooker, a microwave oven, a £232 tumble dryer, a £500 television, a DVD player, a surround sound system, an Xbox 360 and £400 worth of ration packs, a sit on lawn mower worth £1,000, a shed door and a number of sat nav systems, mobile phones and laptops.

In a single incident, thieves escaped with a £40,000 assortment of equipment including weapons parts and communication equipment.

2. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Haven't you got mixed up with Bruce Forsyth's Generation Game?

The above list is generally preceded by the statement: "On the conveyor belt tonight we have..."

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 2
  3. You can add almost £400 for diesel, £200 for AA batteries and about £1100 worth of uniforms to that list.

And that's just the things I can remember nicking from my last regiment.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Is that all? Was your regiment poor?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Someone nicked the shower from our block the other day. I paid 5 quid for the bloody shower head!

• Like Like x 1
  6. A gas cooker, a microwave oven, a £232 tumble dryer, a £500 television, a DVD player, a surround sound system, an Xbox 360 and £400 worth of ration packs, a sit on lawn mower worth £1,000, a shed door and a number of sat nav systems, mobile phones and laptops

Is that the television.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You theiving bastards, give it back.

Mind you, pity Andrew and the Crabs. Somebody's nicked their only aircradt carrier, all the maritime patrol aircraft and every last Harrier.

Oh no. That was the government. OK lads, as you were, you've not done nearly as much harm to out national defence as HMG.

8. Of course, for a journo, a headline that 0.0015% of the annual Defence budget can't be accounted for doesn't have the same ring though, does it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. That stuff I can understand knicking, from a theiving bastards point of view, but a shed door?!

Why? And how did the crafty bandit manage to get that up his jumper?

10. Worked on a shopping mall many years ago.... paint, tiles and adhesive, plumbing gear......

If I'd put some racks of crimplene frocks in the house you would have sworn you were in Littlewoods

11. £500,000? Most govt depts can waste that on the wrong kind of chair. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans in proper govt pilfering. Most MPs can do that as an individual effort.

Must try harder.

12. Now that's Defence Procurement.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MiT will be relieved to be vindicated!

14. Telescopic rods? Fishing sticks?

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.

15. Whoever did this deed deserves our praise, how the hell do you conceal 4 x 3.5 KVA
    Gennies up yer Jumper?