Ok so what is the definition of Middle Class please

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Sympathetic_Reaction, Jan 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I'm struggling here...I used to know what middle class was, I was pretty sure I fitted into it if only just, but I've been listening to this lovely chap on TV recently (Gourden Bruin I think his name was) and I'm now a bit confused

He seems to think I'm not...or I might be, or I could be if only I tried a bit harder...or maybe part of me is and part isn't...or maybe I'm upper class...it's all a bit confusing.

So I have come to the source of all knowledge...albeit for a rather specific definition of 'all' and ask the simple question.

Am I just confused or is GB a kn*b just out to con me into voting for him?

2. Anyone without an inherited title who isn't John Prescott :?:
  3. The middle-class are the ones the working-class look up to, and the ones the upper-class look down on. I saw a film about it once.

4. Think this is what you mean? :D
    British Class system
  5. If you have been well and truly stuffed by this Government then you are Middle Class .
  6. Class!

Litotes (see what I did there?) :D
  7. Venetia, Portia, Hermione, Chlamydia, posh gurls names make you middle class.
  8. Shooping in Waitrose when you have friends round you're trying to impress.

Shopping in Aldi when the kids need feeding.
  9. Fixed that for you. :wink:
  10. Isn't that a car?
  11. Ah yes, the Hyundai Chlamydia. The car lots of people have without knowing it.
  12. No that's definately the working class.
    The real middle class have standards and values and aren't showy. They shop at charity shops and wear hand me down old clothes, have furniture their grandparents handed down, can't ever afford nor are interested in foreign package holidays but always find money for their youngsters to go gap year travelling and always have standing orders for their charities. They cool food from scratch and like to shop locally and they buy good wine- bought by the case.
    Oh it's the Naafi...carry on! :p
  13. I wonder what would happen if Rihanna joined the artillery

Gunner Rhia-nna

Middle class is defined as being more than two mortgage payments away from being evicted, having a aga and a 4x4. Plus children from the same father who attend school and do not hold a asbo.
  14. Handouts Class
    Working Class
    Expenses Class

I'm in the middle.
  15. Middle Class is getting out of the bath for a pi$$.

I wish I could remember the name of the film/TV show where I first heard that.