Ok, I'm off.

Hi folks I have posted elesewhere to no avail.
I’m currently REME reserves attached (clinging on) to my local RMP unit but I am moving back to the Lord’s County of Cheshire in the Summer. I would like to continue with the reserves when I get down there but as REME Reserve has gone and rebalanced, and having spent four years at 4 Bn REME during my previous life, also having visited a local REME Bn, I can honestly say that aint my bag anymore. I’m looking to make the monumental step of changing cap-badge! I can honestly say I’ve considered all the units in the North West and the only job roles for which I would be willing to don the cap badge are 4 Mercian (family connections) and C Sgn QOY. I have a couple of queries for anyone who may have re-capbadged (or anyone who would like a bash really) before I pick up the phone to relevant PSAO’s (forewarned, etc.):
I am a screw and have served for 16 years (12 regular, 4 reserve) and I am a fully qualified class one Vehicle Mechanic, versed on all kit used by either Mercians or QOY (yes, I have actually done the Panther course! All over Jackal, MAN SV and CVR(T) and got C+E & H Cat). I am now a Cert(ed) qualified college lecturer with 5/6th of a History honours degree (finish next year). I would like to know what implications a transfer would have on my rank, where I could suitably fit into a Squadron or Company and how my specialties could maybe be put to good use (MT section maybe). Will I just get laughed at, bust to butt-fcuk and stuck in a mortars platoon?
I have also spared a glance at AGC ETS ® commission due to my current profession, but being 33 and without an as yet complete degree, is this a realistic opportunity?
Thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Is now a good time to ask the OP if this is going the way that they intended?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Why are you doing this to me? Is it cos I is a Stab?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Why are you doing this to me? Is it cos I is a Stab?
It's Friday and we're bored.

A grown-up will probably be along shortly to provide you with a sensible answer.

Probably.