Ok FINALLY got a date....

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Soggyllama, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yeah I had a phone call from my local TA unit (B (Shropshire Yeomanry) Squadron, The Royal Mercian & Lancastrian Yeomanry - Royal Armoured Corps) yesterday afternoon. I finally have a date to go down and get signed up. Its Feb 27th during their 'A day in the Army' recruitment drive. Apparently I'll be doing paperwork then, followed by a medical on 5th or 7th of march. So I now have a date to set my sights on and goals to accomplish before. :)

Anything I need to 'look forward to' that I should know about?
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Remember during all field weekends to wake up your section and platoon commanders when you get up for stag, it is a legal requirement now due to duty of care issues. They just need to be informed when the handover takes place. A quick torch in the face with ''Stag changeover complete Sgt'' followed by your name and number is all that is needed.

Don't forget.
  3. OK can I just say, that looks like grounds for a severe beasting lol. I imagine Field weekends will take place after basic wont it?
  4. Quite a few social events hopefully, once you get your kit get yourself on every weekend you can and get stuck in there. Show you are keen but make sure you don't come across as cocky and you'll do well.

oh and remember to always take plenty of beer tokens on weekends! :lol:

good luck!

5. Ok nice one, cheers. I'm not the cocky type, I will give it my all. Does anyone know what a 'Day in the army' days are?
  6. Ooooh that type of date...damm
  7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, I thought this was the Naafi for a minute and the theme was Ukrainian mail order brides.
  8. Depends on what your trade is, what unit your in and where you are, often when i was a siggie a normal parade night was doing Soldier skills like Map work, Skill at arms and the like. Others doing Det work like kit checks, servicing land rovers or carrying out a first works ready for a weekend. I cant speak for other units but i expect the months training program will be a balanced mix of Mil Skills, Trade Skills and some sport/social. Weekends too although they often focused on one or the other but were always good fun especially with interesting sports such as 'Fugby'.
  9. No sorry, blow up betty is in the puncture repair shop at the moment, and I'm not sure the wife would approve of me getting a mail order bride. Apparently, its a marriage Faux Pas
  10. You wont get very far with them.... We didn't at Grantham!! A rather stringent no drinking policy for recruits.

Recruit: 'Pint of Lager please mate."
    Barman: 'You a recruit?"
    Recruit: Yeah
    Barman: 'That will be a pint of coke then mate."
  11. With the Exception of RTC and ATRs then, to be honest i never tried while at ATR and RTC, wasn't worth the agro.....however the skiffing incident was! :lol:
  12. you mean you had time to drink? In a bar!
  13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Ha, ha.

Are you serious? Nowadays its a walk in the park. I remember during OP Fiasco those recruits at PWOG were allowed to drink whenever they felt like it. A lot of unsavoury incidents and a couple of A & E trips later, that soon died a death.

Back in the day we had no time to think, let alone get down the Naafi before last orders. First Saturday (afternoon) and the end of course pish up were the only let ups we got.