ok couple of questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by callum_mac, Feb 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. firstly, cfa and bfa, or whatever its called these days,im 46yrs old, former raf reg and 4 para.
    i have found myself almost in semi retirement mode, and have now joined a pioneer regiment.
    my question is regarding the cfa and bfa, seems to be a lot of ambiguity around fitness requirements.
    i have heard there is an 8 mile tab(happy days), and this to be completed in 2 hrs?
    also there is a 1.5 mile run, is this booted? is it age related?
    not worried about any of it as still in decent shape.
    but would be nice to have a definitive answer.
    second question, my son is joining the ta fusiliers, 5rrf?
    he would like to know, at what point in his training would he be eligible to wear the hackle.
    or is it issued with his kit?
    thanks in anticipation.
  2. CFA = AFT: 8 miles in 2 hrs with weight according to arm - presumably 25kg for you.
    BFA = PFA: No boots, the requirement is age ranged.
  3. RezzaDue

RezzaDue Old-Salt Book Reviewer

46= old as **** = as long as you finish you'll pass :p
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Hackle is part of his regimental capbadge and he should be able to wear it with pride the moment the other recruits on his cadre are allowed to wear their own berets. We used to have a policy of trained soldiers only until a Fusilier PSI pointed out that changing anything to do with the capbadge was out of order.
    As we wanted to mark their progression we now allow them to wear the stable belt after they qualify but all of us wear the capbadge in its entirety.

5RRF may have a different tradition but if theyre messing around with the capbadge theyre bang out of order
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You mean you have abandoned the tradition of presenting feathers stored in a smartie tube on completion of training? Shame on you!
    • Like Like x 1