OK, Brits

I came across a very young WO2 chunki in Tidworth. After a getting to know him I asked how he had got promoted so quickly.

His answer, at the recruiting office they said I could join the REME and be a clever guy amongst lots of clever guys and move slowly up the ranks or I could join the pioneers and be a very clever guy amongst some not very clever guys. Best advice and decision I ever made.

Pioneers were doing senior Brecon in 86.

FrankIG said:
Flagrantviolator said:
Ah, I see... 2 kinds of Pioneers. We have the equivalent of "Chunks" in our Army, too_Ones who do all the sandbag filling, digging, gate guard, and other sh ite jobs. We call them Infanteers.[/quote]

Infanteers???? WTF is that? The term is infantrymen ... or do you also have cavaleers????

Now p1ss off!! :evil:
Have you never heard that term used in the Brit Army Frank? I'm ex KORBR and heard it often. So leave our Canuck chum alone, ya nasty man 8O

putteesinmyhands said:
We don't knock them. But if they'd paid more attention at school, they could have become real Sappers.
And if you had paid attention at school you could have been a gunner!!

.......grabbing helmet and body armour and digging in! No wait thats the chunkies job!!

DavetheApe said:
FrankIG said:
Flagrantviolator said:
Ah, I see... 2 kinds of Pioneers. We have the equivalent of "Chunks" in our Army, too_Ones who do all the sandbag filling, digging, gate guard, and other sh ite jobs. We call them Infanteers.[/quote]

Infanteers???? WTF is that? The term is infantrymen ... or do you also have cavaleers????

Now p1ss off!! :evil:
Have you never heard that term used in the Brit Army Frank? I'm ex KORBR and heard it often. So leave our Canuck chum alone, ya nasty man 8O

The word infanteer is used for ease of instruction.1 less syllable, you see. makes it easier for the thick-o Infanteers. That means you, Mouseketeer.

meiktilaman said:
putteesinmyhands said:
We don't knock them. But if they'd paid more attention at school, they could have become real Sappers.

.......grabbing helmet and body armour and digging in! No wait thats the chunkies job!!
No, thank you. The percussion is too loud. That's why all artillerymen have Gunner Ear.

Gunner Ear. Is this similar to glue-eye?

Flagrantviolator said:
Ah, I see... 2 kinds of Pioneers. We have the equivalent of "Chunks" in our Army, too_Ones who do all the sandbag filling, digging, gate guard, and other sh ite jobs. We call them Infanteers.
Necky f@*ker,

If you're looking for a bite here it comes; the Infantry are the Aristocracy of the battle field, you'd do you well to remember that, bloody remf.

Sandbags indeed!

;-)

Hardly thinka crewman is a remf eh?
Aristocracy, eh? If by that you mean inbred, haemophilic, batshit crazy and more than a little bit gay, then I'd have to agree. Cheers
PS, yeah, I was lookin' for a bite. Provocation is my hobby

Touche!

Good banter.

By the way, we're not gay, we're bonding!

So I've heard it explained before; (bonding) through a mouthful of manfat.Top bloke though, at least he swallowed it before screaming "BOO-YAAA!!!!"

meiktilaman said:
putteesinmyhands said:

...And if you'd done better on the dominoes and the cogs, you wouldn't have to polish your boots so much and could have joined REME. It's fun being a rude mechanical, even when attached to the planks.

Themanwho said:
meiktilaman said:
putteesinmyhands said:

...And if you'd done better on the dominoes and the cogs, you wouldn't have to polish your boots so much and could have joined REME. It's fun being a rude mechanical, even when attached to the planks.
I have to admit to being pretty poo at the domino's!!