ok 2 questions

first question, the b.a.r.b test, can you do a re-take if you not happy with your result's? My other question is what is the alotted 1.5 mile run time for the para regiment?

any help would be great.

Ash

Ash_g said:
first question, the b.a.r.b test, can you do a re-take if you not happy with your result's? My other question is what is the alotted 1.5 mile run time for the para regiment?

any help would be great.

Ash
nowadays they probably gived you a couple of days to do a bft

best thing you can do fella is check out the health fitness threads help with the training i can run consistent 8mins flat 1.5mile you wanna do high intensity short bursts ie:interval training that will sort you

icemann said:
best thing you can do fella is check out the health fitness threads help with the training i can run consistent 8mins flat 1.5mile you wanna do high intensity short bursts ie:interval training that will sort you
so jog along and every few mins sprint for half a min? and a big factor is im on the isle of wight and its either heaving with pedestrians or hilly as you can get. :( but i shall pervail!!

find a footy pitch or something i av access to a tred so jog for 1min at slow level then sprint for 2 for about 20 mins try n simulate it like that

Ash_g said:

any help would be great.

Ash
You can re-sit the BARB test after 28 days of your previous test and take it up to 3 times in a year. Remember though that if you got a lower score on your re-sit your previous score doesnt stand anymore. You need at least 26 on the BARB for all infantry type jobs and under 9.40 for the run if wanting Para.

If you live in the Isle of shite, you have a good stomping ground for hill training that will stand you in good stead for Para Regt. Need alot more running as well fella.

12:20 at 19!!!!

whilst the min is 09:40, you should be aiming for around 9:00. i wouldn't bother with a gym, yuo can crack army style PT in your bedroom / own back yard, eg. press-ups, sit-ups, squats etc..

Heed the_iron's advice, he's in the know about these things.

i'd get running, don't worry about BARB, it is very easy, if you have GCSE english, maths & science you'll breeze it.