OJAR Language

Hi all,

I am an Army Officer currently serving with the RN, and I have been asked to look at my OJAR draft. The language they use is very different to that used by the Army, and my first reaction was that I would be seriously career- fouled if this OJAR were to go forward. What I need to know is whether there is a guide to writing OJARs that has all the 'hidden' language? e.g 'Must command, should be promoted early, can't even command respect' etc.

Any help gratefully received- Thanks!

Briney said:
Hi all,

I am an Army Officer currently serving with the RN, and I have been asked to look at my OJAR draft. The language they use is very different to that used by the Army, and my first reaction was that I would be seriously career- fouled if this OJAR were to go forward. What I need to know is whether there is a guide to writing OJARs that has all the 'hidden' language? e.g 'Must command, should be promoted early, can't even command respect' etc.

Any help gratefully received- Thanks!
One could argue that there shouldn't be any hidden language in an OJAR!

Pressing "F1" within Report Writer brings up a fairly comprehensive instruction for completing the OJAR. Try that.

It should be immediately obvious to the Board that your report was written by a Naval chappie and would be treated as such.

Unfortunately, this is the world of "Jointery"!

Litotes

Edited to correct my poor English!

JSP 505 is the OJAR bible - as it is a JSP there should be parity across the services!! Maybe you should point this out to your RO, I assume this is your 1st RO. There should be some "green" input somewhere in your reporting chain to translate from Dark Blue Speak! The JSP is quite a thick volume so failing all else you could always hit him/her with it!!!

PW

Discuss it with your 1RO and give him a variety of phrases that you would like included. Explain what they mean and he can choose what fits. If you are in a staff job then he can't directly recommend you for command. He will need to be cleverer about it.

Happy to provide more advice by PM.

V-R

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Reserve 6
Scribbler Officers 4
A Reports & Promotion 4