Oil thefts

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Enigma266, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. so just how do you prevent the thieving gits taking your domestic heating oil then? Done the lock thing and security lights etc. All ideas gratefully received.

2. Depends where you live and how much oil you have etc. If you live in the country down a narrow lane, you could put one of those lockable pilars in the road and CCTV

3. Mesh Cage - depending on design - often pays for itself in fuel secured.

4. Thems that know would say that any thief worth his salt will crack any container quite quickly. If you lput any kind of lock on it then the fckers will simply drill a hole in (or 'spear' through plastic). In that case you're left with a) no oil and b) a knackered tank. Even wire mesh enclosures can be defeated quite easily. Best advice is to try to hide the tank.

5. Put enough steel and concrete round it and it'll make it too hard for them to bother.

6. I know in the states you can get "Paint Mines" - that work just like an anti-personnel mine and shock the burglar and at the same time covering them in luminous/indelible paint :D I'm not sure if these would be legal in the U.K. that you could use to protect your oil container/property, however here is an article that might suggest it's not the decent thing to do in the U.K.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5278034/One-in-20-householders-set-booby-traps-for-burglars.html

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

8. have a look at Cookson and Zinn (probably outside of your size range)

Western Environmental (same again)

Carbery PLastics (more home size stuff)

Atlas Tanks

Polygroup

failing that get a copy of fuel oil news (industry publication) and hunt through the ads

PS

9. Have the tank dug in. My friend's is in his cellar.

10. Imagine one of these watching over your Oil Tank 8O

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

What the Hell is That Thing?

This is the Intelligent Surveillance & Security Guard Robot, an armed sentry 'bot by the Techwin division of Samsung. It was originally funded by the government of South Korea to guard the North Korean border, but it's now on sale to the general public at $200,000 a pop. That's a price that pretty much limits the market to rich, bored, thrill-seeking eccentrics, the exact demographic you want buying deadly military hardware.

The Guard is equipped with ultra-high definition cameras, infrared lenses, image/voice recognition software ... and a swivel-mounted K-3 machine gun. The robot can recognize and target intruders from over two miles away day or night, and can be programmed to either fire on unauthorized intruders perceived as threats, to require a password and only use deadly force if the incorrect answer is given, or possibly just to murder drifters going for the baited malt liquor you left in the alley behind your loft.

Here it is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMkV8E2re9U&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cracked.com%2Farticle_16364_science-dick-5-most-evil-robots-ever-invented.html&feature=player_embedded

11. Borrow a cheetah then watch as they try to run away from it :p or some lions that haven't been fed for a few days 8)

12. Dig in your tank....

Or encase in concrete. With a nice metal lid on top to cover the refuel point.

bit of a bugger if it breaks or goes wrong though...

13. A few nice items here that would at least scare off an intruder:

Press on the below...

[​IMG]

14. See, I knew you lot would be creative! Gundulph - I definitely want one of those robots. I can think of several uses for it apart from pikey (can I still say that?) gits :twisted: