Oi, you! Yes, you... CCTV gets a voice in English town

link

LONDON (AFP) - Big Brother -- in the form of closed-circuit television cameras -- is not only watching people misbehaving in one English town, it is also telling them off.

Municipal council officials in Middlesbrough, northeast England, have fitted microphones to seven CCTV cameras in the town centre that yell at people up to no good.

"It is like a public humiliation in a way, but it means that the person won't do it again," said councillor Barry Coppinger, of Middlesbrough Council.
Do people from Middlesbrough speak English?

They might get better results if they fit loudspeakers as opposed to microphones.
I had a tour once of a company which does remote-and I mean REMOTE-CCTV surveillance of sites like fish farms in the Highlands. All from a control room in Airdrie. They had speakers fitted to the cameras and would shout at the poachers; never failed seemingly.

ObnoxiousJockGit said:
They might get better results if they fit loudspeakers as opposed to microphones.
I had a tour once of a company which does remote-and I mean REMOTE-CCTV surveillance of sites like fish farms in the Highlands. All from a control room in Airdrie. They had speakers fitted to the cameras and would shout at the poachers; never failed seemingly.
:D

Was it akin to Max's car alarm?

Get back ya b&stards, I'll break ya legs!

F

fozzy

Random_Task said:
ObnoxiousJockGit said:
:D

Was it akin to Max's car alarm?

Get back ya b&stards, I'll break ya legs!
LOL!

Get an RSM on the case:
"YOU - YES YOU! BASEBALL CAP OFF, BLING OFF, GET OUT OF MY TOWN SQUARE - DOUBLE AWAYYY! AND GET YER HAIRCUT!"

"OI YOU , YES YOU , MORE TONGUE AND GIVE HER CHEBS A SQUEEZE"

Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
You with the "Blair Is a #$%^" t-shirt. Yes, you!

Put your hands behind your head and drop to your knees.

Do it now! Or we'll shoot.
You with the Blair is a #$%>" t-shirt, we know he's a cnut. Well done, carry on.

My wife witnessed this in operation in Chippenham, wiltshire, some little hitler having a ball. Mind you, I then thought how interesting it would have made the walk back to camp after a night on the p*ss when I was serving.