Oi you *******, show me your booze!

Welsh pish instead... unrefined and harsh as feck... so I’m reliably informed by proper whisky drinkers;-)
It's certainly different but I'd not say unrefined and harsh - more like a light and fruity whisky for a summer evening, rather than a chunky, smoky single malt for enjoying by the log burner. The one bottle of Penderyn I've drunk so far I kept for a while as an occasional treat.

At any rate, it's better than the stuff they make in Norfolk.

And another one, Belgian beer, bought from Aldi in Eupen (just over the border). It's the same as the posh stuff but costs only € 2.50 a bottle as opposed to around € 3.50 or more for the brand names.

Attachments

Currently stocking:

8 gallons of beer in a keg plus some bottles.

Some Badgers Golden Ale.

Some Blackfriars Gin.

Some Oxford Union port and some other port.

And a selection of whisky (strictly speaking belonging to one of my sons and therefore not mine).

4 or 5 bottles of wine from France and Spain plus a bottle of 22 SAS Regt house wine (sadly now empty).

DSC02590.JPG

Last edited:
If you like drinking the stuff that powered the V2, you could always try this.

I don't have any of that stuff right now, but I used to have the occasional bottle. Good for reinforcing other drinks. Many years ago while on a field detachment with the Harrier force in winter I took a small supply of Stroh rum with me. One of the blokes in my tent, A Jock, had a blocked nose, sore throat and a few other minor odds and ends. No problem said I, quickly mixed 2 parts rocket fuel to one part hot water, it gives off fumes that will quickly clear any blocked nose, the alcoholic content would be a mere 60%. Before I could tell him to just sniff it and not drink it he had poured the lot down his neck. The expression on his face was a wonder to behold, he couldn't complain due to the fact this vocal cords had been paralysed. Cleared his nose though.

Teaspoon of that in a mug of cocoa is a dashed fine bollock warmer.

Taken per os before any of you deviants get clever.

Any good breweries in your neck of the woods? Dunno...around which parts of SA you are based in..
One or two. Most have a fixation with hops and no idea of balance but there are a couple of nice beers around despite the hipster fuckwits.

1st line supplies at A Ech. 2nd line supplies, including wine and beer, are at B Ech in the man-cave. Dues-out on cognac, as SWMBO emptied the last into yesterday’s recipe.
DF5881BF-814D-4470-A8DC-E4EB3767A5F2.jpeg

Last edited:
It's certainly different but I'd not say unrefined and harsh - more like a light and fruity whisky for a summer evening, rather than a chunky, smoky single malt for enjoying by the log burner. The one bottle of Penderyn I've drunk so far I kept for a while as an occasional treat.

At any rate, it's better than the stuff they make in Norfolk.
Bang on.

I'm an Islay man, lots of smoke and peat. A friend from Norfolk supplied me with a small bottle from the English Whisky company, and as an experiment, I bought a bottle of Penderyn.

If anything, the Penderyn has become a bit of a favourite, if not my usual style. Harsh? you must be joking!

English whisky got used in hot toddys with lots of honey and lemon, foul stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou DIY 9
C The NAAFI Bar 3
OOMPALOOMPA Royal Signals 57