Oi, RBL. Think about those of us at the sharp end, do.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Feb 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The RBL Spring Appeal.

I am expected to flog raffle tickets to my chums and business associates for a blue Ford Focus?

This is not the ST touring, the rally Perez or the RS. It is a shed that nurses, teachers and social workers drive. It is in short, a piece of shite. None of my chums would be seen dead in one and nor would their birds.

So if I am to sell RBL raffle tickets I must employ muscle or blackmail and that is not correct in support of a righteous charity.

I feel we can do better. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen and pre-op gender confused wierdo's. You haved £12.5k. I require something for a raffle that I can flog to my chums with a straight face.

2. When I win it I will be very pleased.It will be very frugal won't it?

3. What about one of these:

[​IMG]

An enterprising gent could park it at the end of the garden, remove the axle and tow bar...

4. it's not made out of wood so it wouldn't count

5. £12, 500 of beer.

There was a program and few years back where people bought a shed of a car, we're given a wedge of cash to upgrade it, and then suction the car. One week the winners took the wedge, filled the car up with beer and sold raffle tickets, their victory was resounding.

6. I'll take a few tickets, Duke.

I'm skint and need a new motor.

7. why are you removing the bar???

8. Well, you wouldn't want it to look like a caravan, would you?

9. OH!I thought he meant the bar,he means the tow bar then,I was getting worried,imagine a caravan without a proper bar,besides the shed where else can you have a few quiet pints away from her indoors?

10. TheIronDuke

See, people like you are not part of the solution. You are part of the problem. It is not your fault. You are Scottish.

Right, having dealt with the Pikeys up north, allow me to reiterate (do a Google).

We have twelve large to come up with some idea to raffle for RBL. Jesus fucking Christ it is not rocket science is it?

11. How about a Hyper_Luxe Aluminium shed? Full equipped with metric fittings of course. Also comes with a life-time supply of Barmback, chutney and home brew. To make it comply with multicultural regulations a basic Welsh language course to be included.

12. I think I would prefer to buy his tickets than learn Welsh,I've enough problems trying to ignore so called Irish "gealic".

13. TheIronDuke

Choke on a chicken bone, die and burst in your coffin.

We are raising funds for charity here you heartless bastard.

So. £12.5k. It is a lot of money, eh?

14. Sorry, can we move this post to the shed thread?