Oi, RBL. Is it because I is black?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

So our hero gets back to the demense after a hard day poodling about the place, lisping and charging people a fortune for it and what does he find?

No wife for starters (her car, shoes and Mobby are GPS linked to an associates security grid. Dont get ideas cos I can find your Mum) but a load of bumf from RBL.

The Battle of Britain Poppy Raffle.

Mint I think. At last they have listened. Make some dosh in the summer and overcome the November spike. My time with the crusties has not been wasted.

Then I check their badly designed tat.

One book of raffle tickets at a quid a pop? Woooo. That will make all of ten pounds, you under achieving but well meaning Muppets.

Stickers? Yeah, OK if you must. I'll give them to the Grandchildren and they can hand them out at their BNP Junior Leaders rallies.

Then... THEN I SAY... the final fucking insult.

All the tat is addressed to Posh Bird. Just because her people commanded tankies and were called Wingco or Sir. Where mine were mostly jailed.

Bah.

I could do two books of raffle tickets at £5 a sheet. But do they ask me? Oh no. Uncle Cecil had been got ratted by some Navy types when he comitted the alleged crime, but do they forget? They do not.

2. security to aisle five, we've got a broken one

3. TheIronDuke

That wont be so funny when you are dragged to Strasbourg in chains to testify.

4. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Definitely worth pondering - one day when I have the . . . . . .

5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

No, it's because your confined to a wheelchair, have the social skills of a ritalin riddled adhd suffering chav, and don't have any of your own teeth.

Glad to have cleared that up for you.

6. is the iron duke a joey?

7. TheIronDuke

Fixed. No charge. Now, moving on...

anyone care to link me to the Poppy Appeal 'Battle of Britain Summer Raffle' website, Twitter or Facebook?

Or a link that to the surge of patriotism surrounding the football thing happening this summer in Croatia? No, not Croatia. Australia maybe? Somewhere sunny for sure. I saw it on the Channel 4 news.

Jesus. Gifted amateurs. Spare me.

8. Mr_Fingerz

The Ritalin has definitely kicked in.

PS Try between Namibia and Zimbabwe if you really want to quell your soccer hunger...

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Christ, it's like Caubeen without the Bushmills and Mulligan.

10. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

OK, Russia? USSR? Rumania? Transylvania? Portugal? Norway? Switzerland? Venezuela? Wales?
    Oh bugger it. I give up.

11. TheIronDuke

I would rather my Moderators did not invoke the Diety. See my Memo To Mods #237 for clarification. Thank you for your input.

12. Mr_Fingerz

Geography (atlas) rather than etymology (dictionary) :D

13. Was he, also, more popular than you? ;)

14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

A swift volley in the swingers with a diving boot is more popular than me.

15. Is Dukey the Good or Bad CO yet? It' s very hard to tell.