Oh ****

NEQcounter

War Hero
Why does Anders Fogh Rasmussen look like he's about to start bubbling?

Anders-Fogh-Rasmussen-011.jpg

Putins giveafuckomenter won't even register that.
Probably wont but when did we become so ******* pathetically weak?

Dodgy ex commie twat can do what he likes because why exactly?

Islamist scum can't be told to feck off because why exactly?

We have the capacity to sort these issues. Just not the political balls we did back in the day.

Probably wont but when did we become so ******* pathetically weak?

Dodgy ex commie twat can do what he likes because why exactly?

Islamist scum can't be told to feck off because why exactly?

We have the capacity to sort these issues. Just not the political balls we did back in the day.

Sad but very true. I'm not even sure of the capacity these days.

Paradise lost.....

If the "vapid reaction force" was 200,000 then it might mean something but anything less than 50,000 just shows we're not serious.

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
But were not serious are we? NATO will produce a rapid reaction force of 4,000? Really? My next comment is left off as this isn't the NAAFI.

It would be vintage farce if people weren't dying and the region destabilized.

Putin stated with great earnestness and a very straight face in a recent interview that he thought things were very similar to the Europe of the 1930's. Although he was referencing his personal mythology about the trials facing mother Russia and not his fantasy based nonexistent threats to ethnic Germans...excuse me ... Russians... resulting in very real land grabs.

Meantime to demonstrate the true seriousness of it all the oil to the EU flows unabated, the funds are transferred to Russia to pay for it all and the member states of NATO consider whether their treaty obligations will allow them to confront a predatory Russia with an insufficient force. Comedians have no chance with this material. The main actors have taken it to such an absurd length on their own that there just isn't anywhere to take it for the laugh.

We don't have the capacity for various reasons. We don't have force projection capability, we don't have the numbers, we don't have the equipment, and to be frank we don't have the will.

This is one mess best sat out. Like watching two Fifth Formers slug it out on the playground over a girl, this isn't our problem and we would do well to keep away.

Officials said the creation of the force, formally named the high-readiness joint task force, had been triggered by the Ukrainian crisis and military planners have been working on it since. "Elements of the force should be in place by Christmas," an official said.

Seriously? I think the real headline here is 'NATO struggles to delploy a brigade sized force in 4 months'.
What the hell happended to the ARRC, particularly paying attention the 'Rapid Reaction Corps' part of the title?
I'm not saying we should deploy a corps of course, but it seems that not only hvae NATO nations slashed their defense budgets but essential capability too.

Seriously? I think the real headline here is 'NATO struggles to delploy a brigade sized force in 4 months'.
What the hell happended to the ARRC, particularly paying attention the 'Rapid Reaction Corps' part of the title?
I'm not saying we should deploy a corps of course, but it seems that not only hvae NATO nations slashed their defense budgets but essential capability too.

Perhaps we should add "The peace dividend" to the phrases which are no longer fashionable thread. You may remember it from the nineties when governments of both colours concluded that the Lions could lie down with the the lambs.

If NATO are serious about uniting and confronting Putin shouldn't we be agreeing not to supply him with stuff which might be used against us - weapons, ammunition, aircraft carriers that sort of thing?