Oh you have GOT to be joking . Is it April 1st yet?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4354839.stm

US hawk named to run World Bank

You have got to be joking. Really, this is a joke right?

2. It has to be a spoof - not him!

3. I refuse to believe this . It's not possible, who the bloody hell thought this was a good idea?

4. Might be an internet spoof, but if not 8O

5. Sounds good to me. We'll hopefully see fewer tin-pot dictatorships begging for handouts to pay for new Mercs and palaces and then whipping up the world's liberals to insist on 'freezing debt repayments'.

6. PTP no joke Wolfowitz is to head the world bank. Remember Bush was elected this time around :wink: His perogative to appoint whoever he likes, and I tend to agreewith Awols' remarks :D

7. Who decides who the tinpot dictators are though? I would classify the UK to be near that particular description. Just depends on your opinion I suppose...And the slack jawed Texan of course.

8. Unfortunatly for us though we continue to fund our particular dictator.........and the LibDems would undertake to fund the rest of the worlds!

9. A strikingly revealing remark, mate. I have no doubt that the nomination is in the President's gift, but the World Bank is not a US federal institution, is it? The clue is in the name.

10. Hackle run your colours up mate!! :wink:

11. LWM, there should be some UK equivalent of Hooah!! :wink:

12. So would you not agree then that a sterner hand at the helm would be better to steer the decision making at the World Bank? Surely if Dictatorial Governments were starved of 'Loans', 'Government Aid' etc and our money ie TAXPAYERS money, (never a Governments) were directed by a sure and steady and less Liberal hand then more might be achieved? :wink:

13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Excellent. Make to Fleet: 'Engage the enemy more closely'

14. Jack Straw, that hyper-quisling, has endorsed this! Could that man be any more invertebrate? It'd be funny if it wasn't true:

Experienced? Yes, experienced in defence matters. He probably wouldn't know poverty if it came up and whacked him on the arrse.

15. "Sure Mr. Tin-Pot Dictator, you can have as much cash as you like providing you agree to spend 20% with Haliburton/(whichever company I, Rumsfeld or Cheney have got shares in), would you like the number of a good Swiss banker?"