Oh why did I go shopping with her!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ugly, Jan 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have put her off all holiday busy shooting, working or beating and tday I relented.
    She says "I wasnt to go to Habitat to buy cushions for th new sofas we have ordered."
    I thought great, I can go to a gun shop over in Tunbridge Wells and do some serious window shopping.
    Sadly Habitat there has gone so a trip to skidrow on sea and Churchill square.
    Wow it really is Ikea for the pretentious. I was only impressed by one girl serving, the others looked like they tried to hard to be trendy.
    Brighton has never floated my boat but the people there just seem plain odd. If I have hidden away for 20 years in the woods (not too far from the truth) and this is whatgreets me on visiting a City locally then I think I'll stay in the woods. Desperate mutton dressed as trendy lamb (both sexes) and as for the prices, no wonder the country is up sh1t creek financially. It must wear out the cash cards/debit and credit cards etc.
    I'm sticking to shopping at the agricultural merchants from now on!
  2. This is why you should leave the shopping to us women ;)
  3. Serves you right for letting her put poofy cushions on the sofa!
  4. He's right about Brighton though. Full of weirdos and poofs. Never go there after dark is my advice, if you must go there.
  5. Bit like Portsmouth and all them Jack Tars then? :wink:
  6. If you think Brightons bad then try Crawley , or even a village near me called Forest Row , full of wierd hippy , veggy type's , very strange .
    Oh . and you should know better , no good ever came from going shopping with the mrs ;-)
  7. Use milk crates like real men do! Jeez!
  8. What's wrong with breeze blocks?
  9. You can't fit your records in them. Tell that to today's yoof, and they won't believe you!
  10. Man, my wife made me drive INTO Birmingham at teatime on a Friday, to shop in Ikea. 15 miles in about an hour-and-a-half. I have never forgiven her.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Forest Row, a veggy dormitory surrounded by deer! A few fit birds but you're right odd doesnt really describe the place, I think Rudolf Steiner has a lot to answer for!
    Brighton, not enough gunshops to get me there regularly now!
    Cushions? For a sofa that wont be delivered till Easter! Says it all really, I'm staying at SCATS from now on.
  12. Lewes has it's fair share of oddities.Likewise Hastings.
  13. I'll see your Forrest Row and Hastings and raise you Faversham and Sheerness oh and Ugly I agree about the price of everything in Brighton. :roll:
  14. Why didn't you just go in Chris Potter's and have the door locked, or you could have gone to East Grinstead and gone to FA Anderson's and chucked her on the train to Brighton to go by herself.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Bloody trains were up the sh1tter as per usual on a sunday and no gunshops open so mucho dissapointed. At least she saw through the hype eventually!