Oh this is good!! NI halts new Peado check system!!

Oops! Gobmunt ineptitude strikes again!!Lets hope tho that no nonces slip thru the cracks caused by this latest debacle!

BBC.CO.UK/Norn Iron

A new system of checking the background of people working with children and vulnerable adults has been suspended.

Access NI was launched in April to check the criminal history of people working in organisations like care homes and youth groups.

Staffing problems meant delays built up, and the old system has been temporarily brought back.

"This emergency legislation is a necessary step", said Health Minister Michael McGimpsey.

"While the legislation will help employers hire staff before full criminal record checks have been completed, there will still be robust safeguards and monitoring arrangements in place to ensure that all applications are suitable for the positions to which they are appointed."

Hugh Miskelly, a spokesman for a group of NI care homes, said applicants employed under the temporary arrangement must be constantly supervised.

"It means that you can't employ the people you need to provide the service that elderly people require and I think that's disgraceful," he said.

While the temporary legislation is in place, Access NI is currently working to reduce the time it takes to complete the vetting process from 10 weeks to four.

Mary Field from Youth Net, an umbrella body which works on behalf of over 70 youth groups across Northern Ireland, said it was "too late" for organisations wanting to run summer schemes.

"One had got funding to run a summer scheme for 35 young people with and without disabilities. In fact those 35 young people have been denied that experience.

"We would have raised our voices much higher if we thought so many young people were going to lose out," she said.
Opinions chaps?

see this is one government department / agency i wouldn't mind martin mcguinness taking over.

he passes on the names of all the paedos to his old chums and bang! no more kiddy-fiddlers.

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
see this is one government department / agency i wouldn't mind martin mcguinness taking over.

he passes on the names of all the paedos to his old chums and bang! no more kiddy-fiddlers.
You mean the British government?

Some chance, isn't one of the alledged murderers of McCartney alledgedly also a kiddie fiddler whilst also being a member of PIRA?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Open season for altar boys then.

Nah, I don't think he'd like to have his old comrades taken out. Although saying that he was quite happy touting them out for years, so maybe not.

kincora cough the black helicopters are overhead :x