Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Oh, the humanity! Owen Jones and stuff . . .

I feel uncomfortable disliking little Owen.

It’s like despising a child, he’s so utterly defenceless and such an easy target, it makes me feel guilty.

Loose fit for Jones is Billy Bragg:

Essential elements of his tripe:
"...from the preface of Animal Farm: “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” [George Orwell]

It’s a snappy slogan that fits neatly into a tweet, but whenever I walk past this effigy of the English writer that I most admire, it makes me cringe. Surely the author of Nineteen Eighty-Four would understand that people don’t want to hear that 2+2=5?

For Orwell’s quote is not a defence of liberty; it’s a demand for licence,

The great progressive movements of the 21st century have sprung from these networks: Black Lives Matter; #MeToo; Extinction Rebellion. While they may seem disparate in their aims, what they have in common is a demand for accountability.

In response to this trend, a new generation has risen that prioritises accountability over free speech. To those whose liberal ideals are proving no defence against the rising tide of duplicitous authoritarianism, this has come as a shock. But when reason, respect and responsibility are all under threat, accountability offers us a better foundation on which to build a cohesive society, one where everyone feels that their voice is heard."

I despair, sometimes; really, I do.

"...from the preface of Animal Farm: “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” [George Orwell]

It’s a snappy slogan that fits neatly into a tweet, but whenever I walk past this effigy of the English writer that I most admire, it makes me cringe. Surely the author of Nineteen Eighty-Four would understand that people don’t want to hear that 2+2=5?

The great progressive movements of the 21st century have sprung from these networks: Black Lives Matter; #MeToo; Extinction Rebellion. While they may seem disparate in their aims, what they have in common is a demand for accountability.

In response to this trend, a new generation has risen that prioritises accountability over free speech. To those whose liberal ideals are proving no defence against the rising tide of duplicitous authoritarianism, this has come as a shock. But when reason, respect and responsibility are all under threat, accountability offers us a better foundation on which to build a cohesive society, one where everyone feels that their voice is heard."

Bragg gets a bit of a hammering in the comments.

"Before that he was in Westminster with the ever reliable Eddie Izzard, telling his followers that the Tories there “have the hedge fund managers. Labour has the people”."

It's all just so cliched, isn't it?

Labour doesn't have the people. Labour has some cynically targeted minorities and interest groups. It lost the people when it turned on the people.

labour lost the people when they became more interested in the hedge fund managers.

It’s like despising a child, he’s so utterly defenceless and such an easy target, it makes me feel guilty.

his defence is being able to scream botterism every time anyone disagrees with him.

it's long past time he went to prison for his own enjoyment

Yes but I've heard he gives such a nice blowjob . It you're into that sort of thing though .

Never ever feel sorry for the cvnt, deserves all he get and more.
He doesn't get trolled on his FB, honest...

Owen_Jones.jpg

Owen_Jones_attacked1.jpg
Owen_Jones_attacked2.jpg

He’s running scared.