Oh, the humanity! Owen Jones and stuff . . .

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I feel uncomfortable disliking little Owen.

It’s like despising a child, he’s so utterly defenceless and such an easy target, it makes me feel guilty.
his defence is being able to scream botterism every time anyone disagrees with him.

it's long past time he went to prison for his own enjoyment

Londo

LE
I feel uncomfortable disliking little Owen.

It’s like despising a child, he’s so utterly defenceless and such an easy target, it makes me feel guilty.
Yes but I've heard he gives such a nice blowjob . It you're into that sort of thing though .

Awol

LE
Loose fit for Jones is Billy Bragg:

Essential elements of his tripe:
"...from the preface of Animal Farm: “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” [George Orwell]

It’s a snappy slogan that fits neatly into a tweet, but whenever I walk past this effigy of the English writer that I most admire, it makes me cringe. Surely the author of Nineteen Eighty-Four would understand that people don’t want to hear that 2+2=5?

For Orwell’s quote is not a defence of liberty; it’s a demand for licence,

The great progressive movements of the 21st century have sprung from these networks: Black Lives Matter; #MeToo; Extinction Rebellion. While they may seem disparate in their aims, what they have in common is a demand for accountability.

In response to this trend, a new generation has risen that prioritises accountability over free speech. To those whose liberal ideals are proving no defence against the rising tide of duplicitous authoritarianism, this has come as a shock. But when reason, respect and responsibility are all under threat, accountability offers us a better foundation on which to build a cohesive society, one where everyone feels that their voice is heard."

I despair, sometimes; really, I do.
He’s running scared.

NSP

LE
I'm surprised that he hasn't blocked you Wally Barbwire-Fence.

Top trolling though. :thumleft:
I He has to take my his hat off to him for not so doing, given the way he suppresses all dissent on his Twatter stream.

Awol

LE
Bragg went to extraordinary lengths to convince everyone that the recent rise in conservatism doesn’t worry him a jot.

his defence is being able to scream botterism every time anyone disagrees with him.

Aren't we prevented from inflicting cruel and unusual punishment on the other prisoners though?...... bloody human rights act...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Bragg went to extraordinary lengths to convince everyone that the recent rise in conservatism doesn’t worry him a jot.
I'm sure that he can hide safely away from the blue tide in that nice beach house he owns.

If you'd told me his was a satirical piece, I'd have believed it. What a ridiculous, whinging mess.

Billy Bragg - Proles! Exercise your freedom! Decide your own destiny!!

Oh, errr, wait a minute. Not that way! Stop! You're ruining it!!

Repeat ad nauseum.

Billy Bragg - Proles! Exercise your freedom! Decide your own destiny!!

Oh, errr, wait a minute. Not that way! Stop! You're ruining it!!

Repeat ad nauseum.

the total opposite of this

He's gay?

well he kept that quiet

It's why I wonder about Rhodes supporters resisting discussion of his possible homosexuality... The loonies would end up erecting more statues than they tore down...
Hurrrr you said erect.

Latest Threads