Oh the deprivation!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sixty, Dec 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

2. About 10 years ago when I was working out of Edinburgh Tp, we had a series of tasks in the Aberdeen area. Drugs and all the associated crime had massively increased.

This was due to a massive decrease in manpower for the gas and oil industry and a large influx from Glasgow believing these jobs and more were available. Once they had moved North, with no jobs they couldn't or wouldn't return.

It's always struck me that the Scottish (and I'm generalising here) have just wanted a days pay for a hard days graft. To my mind it's a massive resource that's difficult to find in other parts of the country where people are content to dwell in offices.
  3. I was looking good till i saw that i share the same post code with the scummiest part of Irvine ...bugger
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I thought the whole place was the ******** of the world, I didn't realise it got worse. :)
  5. I think thats the most decent thing anyone on this site has ever said about the Scots (including the scots) ;-) Are you feeling ok?

6. Im absolutely outraged by that remark...unfortunately i dont have a valid argument against it!!
  7. I hope they didn't spend much on this. I just looked up the area where I grew up. It's in the worst 5% for everything except education, where it's in the worst 10%. The place is a shithole. I could have told them that for nothing.
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

In Strathclyde / the West of Scotland by any chance?
  9. From what I could see anywhere you can spot a Porridge Wog is a deprived area.
  10. How did you guess?
  11. I'm OK. I felt it needed to be said before someone came on and accused the jocks of being bone idle all purely at fault for the predicament many are in.

The UK as a whole should utilise such a potential workforce. How about more rail links - high speed - right up into the heart of Scotland and let it develop around these.
  12. Have you been going to a different Scotland to the one im from? Lazy ******* that want everything for nothing are everywhere.
  13. I guess you've only visited a small part of Glasgow then.
    • Like Like x 2