Oh Shit!

Firefighters in China have rescued a newborn baby boy lodged inside a sewage pipe leading off a toilet.
Residents of an apartment building in Jinhua city, Zhejiang province, called rescuers on Saturday after they heard the infant's cries.

Rescuers tried to pull the baby out of the pipe but failed and ended up sawing through a section of the pipe instead.

They took the pipe to hospital, where it was carefully pulled apart to release the infant.

The baby, thought to be just a few days old, was found inside a pipe 10cm (4 inches) in diameter, says China Daily newspaper.

Footage from state television showed firefighters and doctors working together using pliers to cut the pipe apart to get to the baby.

The baby is now in stable condition and officials are looking for his parents, reports say.

The case generated condemnation on weibo, China's version of Twitter.

"The parents who did this have hearts even filthier than that sewage pipe," one user was quoted by Reuters news agency as saying.

China has strict family planning rules, with the one-child policy in place for more than three decades.
While there is a traditional preference for sons over daughters, financial and social issues may impact a couple. Babies born out of wedlock are sometimes abandoned, while couples can also face fines if they violate the one-child policy.
BBC News - China rescuers save baby lodged in sewage pipe

Daily Mail video:

[video]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331941/Chinese-baby-rescued-ALIVE-toilet-pipe-flushed-away-parents.html[/video]

As posted on the other thread for this

I saw another video of a child in china, no more that 2 or 3 years old gets run over, and lies there and gets run over a few more times beofre someone intervened, the child died in the end, life is just too cheap over there.

It was going round FB for a while and the internet censors here wont let me look it up.

Re: Mother's Lament:

The song may be late Victorian and alludes to the fact that the infant bodies of the poor were often put into the sewers in East London. The song probably came off the streets and worked it's way into the Music Hall.
mudcat.org: Lyr Req: A Mother's Lament / Dahn the Plug'ole

I worked in sewers as a student and was told that it wasn't uncommon to find still-births that had been dropped in manholes.

In hindsight, I should have titled it "Tube Congestion".

A chinese baby boy, disguarded, flushed away like a fresh turd....shocking....of course, they were lucky to find him amongst all the dead baby girls in the sewer!

And these are the kind of people we are so happy to trade with, albeit in a one way direction!
Be fair. One person flushed the kid away. Many more took part in the rescue - which must have been done quickly. Yet more again will be abhored.

As posted on the other thread for this

I saw another video of a child in china, no more that 2 or 3 years old gets run over, and lies there and gets run over a few more times beofre someone intervened, the child died in the end, life is just too cheap over there.

It was going round FB for a while and the internet censors here wont let me look it up.
It is a common occurrence over there, That if you help a Injured person over there that it was A. Your fault. And B. You must pay for the damage done/Help through the recovery process. So a lot of people would rather just let it be.

It is a common occurrence over there, That if you help a Injured person over there that it was A. Your fault. And B. You must pay for the damage done/Help through the recovery process. So a lot of people would rather just let it be.
You made that up.