• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Oh, sh1t, I've finally done it. Sold up. Guns gone.

After 55 years of holes in paper, most [although not all] in or very close to the centre, I've finally started selling up the last of my pistols and all the kit that went with them.

Four days ago I sold the Glock 17, today was farewell to the FAS 602: all with c. 1,000 rds each. The Knoblock and Gehmann optical bits went on Friday. Now I'm down to a couple of telecopies and stands, and a bag of bits such as ear defenders, most of which will undoubtedly go to the Jersey Pistol Club.

When I think of the kit the OH and I had before the great "shredding" post-Dunblane, I could weep. However, strangely, saying goodbye to those last 2 doesn't seem to matter now.

Where did I put those darts?

I know how it feels, down to my last rifle and that going next week, still made a decent donation to a couple of military charities, maybe you could consider helping there as well, seems sort of appropriate to me.

Alsacien

MIA
After 55 years of holes in paper, most [although not all] in or very close to the centre, I've finally started selling up the last of my pistols and all the kit that went with them.

Four days ago I sold the Glock 17, today was farewell to the FAS 602: all with c. 1,000 rds each. The Knoblock and Gehmann optical bits went on Friday. Now I'm down to a couple of telecopies and stands, and a bag of bits such as ear defenders, most of which will undoubtedly go to the Jersey Pistol Club.

When I think of the kit the OH and I had before the great "shredding" post-Dunblane, I could weep. However, strangely, saying goodbye to those last 2 doesn't seem to matter now.

Where did I put those darts?
Your Mrs shoots too right? Why are you both packing it in if you don't mind my asking?

ugly

LE
Why are you giving up?

Have you any .455 cases for sale?
I dont think I have more than one or two M&S or Fiocchi cases I kept as mementos but I found about 20 or so maybe more 265 grain bullets cast by the Imperial Bullet company in Brum (well actually in a mates shed in Hartlebury) not in the packet but yours if you want them! Bloody good bullets and the chap at Imperial turned out to be a good all round egg!
Definetly officer material in a good county regiment if you can remember those!

Your Mrs shoots too right? Why are you both packing it in if you don't mind my asking?
Indeed she used to, but she hasn't bothered since we lost all the kit after Dunblane. I restocked with a couple of handguns after we moved here, but frankly after 55 years of it it's just not that interesting any more. It was different when there were Inter-Service teams to try and get into, and that sort of thing, but now most that's on offer is internal Club competitions ... unless I went mad and tried to get a place in the Commonwealth Games Team :-D

Now, it's time to say "That was fun, did quite well but call it a day". Just making holes in paper doesn't do it for me!

PS ... I have a load of live rounds, but no empty cases in my possession ... although there's bound to be the odd .22 case lurking in the corner of a bag: there always is! :)

ugly

LE
I felt the same way after my car accident in 1996 put paid to my restarting my TR career and I took up Pistol shooting in a big way. I t was years before I could shoot prone again and even then it leaves me in such pain that zeroing a stalking rifle is done from a folding bench nowadays.
When the silly ban came in I was safe with section 7 bar one rimfire. I did sell the lot when I took up stalking and eventually sold the miltary rifles too as I couldnt shoot them prone any more.
Thankfully most of my stalking is woodland which means standding or in a seat!

I dont think I have more than one or two M&S or Fiocchi cases I kept as mementos but I found about 20 or so maybe more 265 grain bullets cast by the Imperial Bullet company in Brum (well actually in a mates shed in Hartlebury) not in the packet but yours if you want them! Bloody good bullets and the chap at Imperial turned out to be a good all round egg!
Definetly officer material in a good county regiment if you can remember those!

Very kind of you indeed.

I'm fine for bullets, I can make them but case are a real chore & I pont blank refuse to pay Bertram's over-inflated prices for them.

Someone gave me a box of 100 M&S 'Silverlube' .455 HB bullets, shot 50 and think I'll keep the rest as a momento...might make someone's day when I finally hang up my irons.

:)

Latest Threads