Oh, sh1t, I've finally done it. Sold up. Guns gone.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by blue-sophist, Feb 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

After 55 years of holes in paper, most [although not all] in or very close to the centre, I've finally started selling up the last of my pistols and all the kit that went with them.

Four days ago I sold the Glock 17, today was farewell to the FAS 602: all with c. 1,000 rds each. The Knoblock and Gehmann optical bits went on Friday. Now I'm down to a couple of telecopies and stands, and a bag of bits such as ear defenders, most of which will undoubtedly go to the Jersey Pistol Club.

When I think of the kit the OH and I had before the great "shredding" post-Dunblane, I could weep. However, strangely, saying goodbye to those last 2 doesn't seem to matter now.

Where did I put those darts?
  2. Cheers for that. Will you let me know when you sell a car, or move house perhaps?
  3. Skint?.....want a tap?
  4. Get your gongs on eBay, arte et marte will save you!
  5. blue-sophist

Oh, I just love it!

True ARRSE sympathy :-D
  6. I know how it feels, down to my last rifle and that going next week, still made a decent donation to a couple of military charities, maybe you could consider helping there as well, seems sort of appropriate to me.
  7. Any plans to have a dump today?
  8. blue-sophist

Had a good one, thanks, Newbie. :yawnstretch:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. blue-sophist

Some of the proceeds will end up with Holidays4Heroes of course.
    Where else? ;-)
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I had a clear out of range rifles a year or two ago, spent the dosh on the house and restocked with sporting rifles!
  11. If you sold all of your rifles/guns/mortars/WMDs you could buy a mansion!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wish
  13. Why are you giving up?

Have you any .455 cases for sale?
  14. Sold your guns? next thing you will be telling us your gay,FFS.
  15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Your Mrs shoots too right? Why are you both packing it in if you don't mind my asking?