Oh sh*t! Dubyas thinking again!!!Take cover!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Oct 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So Dubya has said he is open to new tactics to quell the violence in Iraq but he says no to a early pull out.
    However,two senior Republicans have different views.....

What are you're views?I think he seriously needs to re-think the US aproach on Iraq.Otherwise we are still going to be there in twenty years.
  2. Shame his dad thought the same to think he was the lucky sperm!
  3. Some thoughts.

1. Bush in his news conference implied that failure in Iraq would mean that the USA will be attcked by AQ.
    - That implied link again. :x
    - What happens if AQ hit the US while they are still in IZ :?

2. The Supreme Commander can order his troops to stay in IZ but the people i.e. congress control the funds.
    - The US will stay until they achieve their aims
    - The US under a new congress change the rules and threaten to or stop funding the IZ campaign.

3. The arguement put forward by the congressmen is that the IZ government is dependent on the US and until they fear that the US are going to leave they will not form a strong government.
    - I concur.

4. If the threat of withdrawl is made will their be an Army Coup that then imposes order?
    - Doubtful as the Army not that strong.

The Solution IMHO (in chronological order) is 400,000 troops, curfews, disarming the population and a strong military government. (Logical)

Divide the country into 3, get the fcuk out and tell Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Syria and Jordan that is their problem! (Blue Sky thinking)
  4. Actually I believe there is a plan to partition the country. I believe the Americans will go down this road. It is the only thing that makes sense to me.
  5. Partition makes sense when you consider the similarites between Iraq and Yugoslavia.

Both fairly recently formed almost artificial countries, held together only by the iron will of a dictator. Both fragmented spectacularly along ethnic lines, becoming ungovernable. Huge levels of violence between ethnic groups.

The main difference is that, as far as I know, TFY hasn't much oil.
  6. I guess there would be an unseemly scramble for oil revenues, but we all know it is a Govt heavily influenced by US. Shouldn't be beyond the realms of the US negotiators to hammer out a deal. What do you do with Baghdad though?
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Send all the chav scum there?? :twisted: