Oh please, oh please, oh please...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cold_Collation, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

2. Yes, because a company with annual revenues of $33 BILLION are going to be really down on their arse spending $100 Million of small change.

3. Cold_Collation

Ah, but read on. That could only be the start of it.

I was hanging on in there for a snowball effect: the NotW closed because Ford's decision to pull advertising caused many others to follow.

4. I suspect you may be waiting a very long time…

5. Cold_Collation

Yeah, but the idea put a smile on my face. And it's sunny out.

6. According to my "Supersoaraway" New York Times, the decision to bin the NotW may have been made four months ago.

7. Politicians play for tomorrows headlines…*the Murdoch's of this world play for the next financial quarters.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Haven't seen that but a fair few grown-ups are speculating similar. That NotW was the sacrificial goat and Head Goat believed it would prevent Plod asking any more questions and thus speed BskyB into his antipodean hooves. But Plod today is not Plod from 2007. Meanwhile, Cameron is doing what he does best. Deflecting, flapping and hoping a strategy will fall from the sky (see what I did there?) while seemingly oblivious to the depth of public revulsion, not necessarily confined to NotW but directed at the whole of Murdoch's empire. A good week to bury bad news?

• Like Like x 3
  9. The 'Red Carpet' treatment that the likes of Don Ruptured and his Ilk usually receive from UK Politicos has been rolled up. It is being 'cleaned' up a tad ready to be 'rolled out' when the Colonel and his Squillions comes rolling into town looking for asylum.... alleged of course... I joke!

As for the 'News of the Screws' scandal, none of the other Tabloids or others are allowing any comments on thier on their Forums. So as it is all under investigations by Plod, then one supposes that we should keep stum as well until the dust settles.

will Mr Call-Me-Dave keep his distance with a bargepole from Don Ruptered...? Or will he meet the Don in darkened Pubs in back alleys in London Town just to keep the Old Don 'sweet'.... after all, there's another general election in 4 years time.... Plenty of time for brown envelopes stuffed with 'whatever'... to be palmed off..... all alleged of course......

Oh, I do like conspiracies.....

10. It's obvious that the Wapping Slapper knows to much, She knows which Members of this and the Labour government, Senior Ministers, MPs, Judges,Police Officers, and the kiddy fiddling Catholic church, in fact the whole frigging Establishment. who has done what, to who, and why, and how much they paid, or got paid, for the story or to keep the story out of the NOTW. If she gobs off their whole little world of Westminster will come tumbling down, If I was Brookes I'd stay out of chauffeur driven cars and tunnels in Paris

• Like Like x 2
  11. She should also avoid any bridges in London and I would strongly advise her against taking walks near wooded areas...:twisted:

12. [​IMG]

Surly not, and what short memories the Guardianista's have.

13. Bearing in mind the Guardian, and most of it's readers, hated Blair like poison as the Grand Betrayer of the labour movement, and the only reason this phone hacking story cropped up in the first place was down to the investigative efforts of Guardian journalist Nick Davies, what is your point?

You don't think the DMail, who head the league table for jobs done by Mulcaire (The NOTW only come fifth) would have exposed this, do you?

14. This shambles is probably going to be bigger than the expenses scandal, Just how many of the holier than thou establishment of this country were really in Murdoch's pocket, putting the interests of this evil Australian yank before the interest of the people of this country,

15. "… "We... offered a priceless opening to Ed Miliband, a weak leader who seized his chance to turn on a newspaper group that supported his party through most of its 13 years in power.
    "Politics is about opportunism, and if he can't squeeze capital out of this catastrophe at David Cameron's expense, then he's no politician at all.
    "What is thoroughly contemptible, though, is the posturing, high-minded and politically prejudiced BBC. This media monster, which blows £2.3BILLION a year in public money, is bound by charter to be impartial and is anything but."

Trevor Kavanagh, associate editor of The Sun

"Why on earth did you go to the Murdoch parties?", a reporter asks Ed Miliband.

He says:
    "Contacts with journalists, contacts with proprietors will not cease after this. It would be dishonest of me to say otherwise. But just as journalists need to be able to speak out against politicians despite personal relationships, so must politicians be able to speak out against the press."

So still snuffling up to the 'gutter press' eh Ed?