Oh not again Maidstone Hospital

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BounceBanana, Jul 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Electrical fire sparks evacuation at Maidstone Hospital

Oh dear. That nice chap Tony Blair wrote to me in 2005 when a backup genny fire there caused a three day evacuation of A and E.

And that was the third incident. TB (the PM not the disease) had, as a result of the Maidstone fire, ordered copies of prior reports of concern, about backup gennies, to be sent to the Northern Ireland Office. I don't know WTF he thought the NI Office was going to do. Send over some lads to help sweep up ?

In 2005 it was a bang when mains power restored whilst the genny was still online. Bit of a switching anomaly. The genny wanted to be a genny but it is just a motor in reverse and the mains wanted it to be a motor. Splatter. As I understand it.

still it is a change from the usual reports of MRSA and extortionate settlements for departing Chief executives.
  2. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  3. BB

This is a serious question. You live in Kent and so many things seem to have gone badly wrong there. Has anyone told you that you're an effing jinx?
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Poor management and what are the regularities doing? Aren't they carrying out the inspections properly?
  5. They should eat more prunes. That sorts out my regularities.
  6. Personally I'd have thought the requisite breakers on the generator or the switching panel would have tripped thus preventing a "kaboom" scenario.

Where is Maidstone?
  7. Anything good on telly tonight?
  8. Steak pie and charlotte potatoes for tea tonight
  9. yummee.....
  10. You are Robin Wilding-Mitton and I claim my £5.

From the Guardian Comment section the other day:
  11. Oh dear ... Kent does seem to be loon central.

12. I'm going to have some surgery done soon and will definately avoid this place. Can anyone tell me whereabout's Maidstone Hospital is?
  13. "Crooked officer Chief Inspector John Frayne created a false criminal history of me on the national CRB database"

John Frayne was my section Sergeant for a year or so. Certainly not crooked though he did manage to spill red wine over a brand new suit I was wearing for the Lord Lieutenant of Kent's annual shindig, the dick!

Whenever he made an arrest he would always wear PSU gloves which earned him the nickname amongst the local scrotes of 'The Doctor'. He was also a bit tasty but made the mistake one night of taking on someone who, unbeknown to him, was a champion kick boxer and didn't wait for back up before getting in there. Suffice to say, he had his arse conclusively handed to him on a plate.
  14. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

15. There is no need to be sarcastic, it was a reasonable question.

Bryan, Maidstone hospital is in Dubrovnik. Which is in Chad.