Oh No Im old

Having just noticed the chains on my hanging baskets were getting a bit weathered this morning I went to taskers, got new ones and bought some new place mats whilst I was there. I stopped and thought as I came home that considering I've been wearing the same jeans for five days now and they only cost me £8 I must be getting old. 8O

What "Old" stuff have you been doing today that young you would have taken the pesh out of you for?

Hanging baskets ........mmmmmmmmm nice ! but wearing the same pair of jeans for five days is a bit gungy or is it me ? clean clothes on everyday or maybe I'm just posh, 8 quid jeans eh ya meff :D stuff youngsters rip me for going to the disco !!! when it should be going clubbing.

vvaannmmaann said:
I did my wife.She's quite old.
On a tuesday and during the day? How very continental. :wink:

I disinfected me grenhouse ready to start me cuttings off. Oh the shame of it. Think I'll treat meself to a Werther's.

....I've just purchased a sports jacket, that I now wear with a shirt and jeans....

I've started stopping on road trips for tea and scones.....

I now have a bag of sweets in the glove box of the car, and will progress onto small tins of barley sugars very soon....

Slipping comfortably into middle age...

Drove to work past the parade of high-school and college totty and decided that they were too young. Even the ones over 16.

I didn't have silly thoughts like that last year :(

Seriously though. No more than 2 years ago I'd have judo chopped myself in the face for some of the stuff I do these days. I put off nights out because the bathroom needs sorting out. I "Shop around" for my veg rather than just buy tinned (I've even considered growing my own as I've discovered I like gardening). I've even listened to radio 4 on the way home from work because the news is more accurate.

Don't get me wrong I'm still young and maintain my immature traits. I think farts are hilarious and I insist on saying words in German when I burp but life is catching up on me before my time.

I'm going out to buy a T Shirt with a funny logo and a lolly ice.

Lumpy said:
....I've just purchased a sports jacket, that I now wear with a shirt and jeans....

I've started stopping on road trips for tea and scones.....

I now have a bag of sweets in the glove box of the car, and will progress onto small tins of barley sugars very soon....

Slipping comfortably into middle age... :) Get fooked you must be seventy doing that lot , and pissing a lot :D