oh ffs... Alien to be remade?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maguire, May 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. Perhaps the revolution in CGI and a massive budget will make it far superior to the original?

Or perhaps hollywood should leave this undeniable classic the fuck alone and spend the cash on another master and commander film.

I hope the story is just a geeks wah.

3. Is nothing sacred?

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'I hope the story is just a geeks wah.'

I get the feeling , looking at some of the unmitigated crap put out by Hollywood (which sullies the good name of shite) that as much as we wish it is, it isnt.

exhibit a - 'AVP - Requiem'.

the prosecution rests, m'lud.

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I do like the caption on the picture there.

'they're going to improve on this how?'

exactly.

you cant poke holes in it at all. the only thing that dates it are the old style tv monitors used for displays, where today we'd use flatscreen tft's.

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I don't like to decide that remakes are automatically crap. But surely ALIEN is one of the finest movies of all time. To set a target of beating this is a tall order. I look forward to the attempt, if only to teach the Big H a lesson.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I disagree, it spoilt the quality of the genre but it wasn;t itself a bad movie. Just a big leap towards trash...

8. Mmmm Sigourney Weaver...

9. Hollywood Moguls in their wisdom consider any film over 15 years old fair game for remaking, as the youth market will generally have no idea that it's been done (Often better.) before.
    Stand by for
    Zulu- Custers Finest Hour!! 8O *

I know he was dead by then but Zulu-Sheridan's (enter own 19thC US hero her.) finest hour just didn't have the same ring. :wink:

10. Wrong, It's like remaking the Evil Dead, it just shouldn't be done.

11. As Hollywood is essentially bereft of original ideas and have perhaps exhausted much of their comic book source material, this is the next logical step in their march to achieve mediocrity. Brilliant film that holds up beautifully today thanks to Sir Ridley and H.R. Giger.

"Leave it alone, Fritz!"-Colin Clive (Dr. Frankenstein)

12. Is it too much to ask for a decent version of Judge Dredd?

Imagine how good a film could be made if it got the Batman treatment.

13. God forbid anyone in Hollywood should read one of those thick papery thingies...ah, yes, a BOOK. There are a great number of super science fiction tomes that would make supurb films--some of Arther C. Clarke, Larry Niiven, Charles Sheffield, etc. I do understand that Ridley Scott is making a film of 'The Forever War' by Joe Haldeman. It is a masterful look at warfare in the 23rd century or thereabouts with powered armor, etc. I may gnaw a limb of waiting...

14. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I feel a song coming on. The Seekers (NOT the NEW Seekers): "I know I'll never find another you"

I was worried when I saw the thread title.

15. Will they make Sigourney Weaver look more realistic?