Oh dear...the country cousins screw up.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Schaden, Jul 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

2. Oh dear, they haven't heard about military sites then?

3. Surely what's worse is the fact that someone thought they needed a fruit salad for credibility.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The World War II Army of Occupation (Germany) Medal was authorized to be awarded as late as 1990 for persons who served in Berlin. I expect there are quite a few vets who have it. Poor research skills on the part of the simple servant for the police department who was trying to come up with a DoD ribbon he(or she) could use for their civilian agency's awards program.

5. I would have thought our Jubilee bling would have been ideal for US Plod!

• Like Like x 1
  6. FFS! Commercial firms that manufacture police badges also produce enamel-on-metal ribbons - in colours to suit the department. Cheap bastards!

7. A tie-of-merit or cravat-of-jolly-well-done just doesn't have the same allure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah, be interesting to know what these 'medals' were awarded for. I'm guessing embarassingly trivial stuff if their police have their own decorations for bravery, long service, etc.
    Silly buggers.

9. I'm an advocate of the brown envelope of service recognition.

• Like Like x 3

10. Completely agree. Sod the bling or Commendations / Certificates etc (how feckin useless are they?) I would rather be given a ton and a note saying 'Well Done, now go and get pissed'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Doesn't come as much of a surprise.

12. She'd say otherwise should she meet his minging tumescence in a dark alley.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No, I think my remark stands in that (unlikely) event.