Oh Dear Sven

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PassingBells, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He's actually been dead for the past 4 weeks.
  2. And I thought he was going to outlast Fidel Castro at the very least.

Do the Lib Dems have anyone sober to replace him with?
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

This is excellent news, now can we have Mr. Kennedy back, I was disgusted with that coup when it happened, nearly made me swap allegiances....

(nothing personal Sir Menzies, but you know how it is...)
  4. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Should be entertaining watching them scrap like ferrets in a sack over the job, wonder who'll get 'outed' this time?

5. You want the drunk back !!!! are things that bad in the Lib Dems :D
  6. Ming. Doubtless a nice bloke, but yesterday's nice bloke.

Bring back Chaz.
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Yes I do, I think he is a good fellow to have at the helm, and having/having had a drink problem is a minor problem; how many succesful corporations have alcoholics as the CEO, the others members of AA.

(edited to add wasn't Churchill an alcoholic?)
  8. Look at the whole picture, you would have a choice of Brown the robber, Camerloon and that blair type grin, or a drunk!

Makes complete sence to me, havent voted for years, might start if he gets in :D
  9. The Liberal Irrelevants lurch and judder towards final obscurity.

I bet Gutless Gordon will have food for thought now given the rumblings on his own back benches....and front benches....and former leader...and the entire media. Another coup in the offing? It would be quite a cull if Gordon was sent packing as well.
  10. I thought he sounded a good bloke with some sound ideas and looked, on TV, like the sort of fellow one would expect to lead the country. Clearly, the young tw*ts in the party and in the media think differently - how sad.

PS: I am a Tory, through and through!
  11. Nehustan:
    Yes but Churchill was amusing. Kennedy was drunk but also dull. In fact the more he drank the more duller he became.
    Then he hit rock bottom and sought help for his drink problem. When all the while he should have sought help for his dull problem.
  12. hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa ha Sven ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Laughing at Sven aside where does this leave politics now? The Libs were down to 11% and provided a viable* alternative to the ever so slightly right of centre that is provided by the 'liarbouratives' I actually had a lot of respect for Sir Menzies. It takes a lot to juggle a career as an MP and a thriving newsagent/ stationary outlet! Joking aside he did tend to add a reasoned debate now and again and he stood by his beleifs rather than 'flip flop' and 'spin' for public opinion.

*only viable if you really couldn't bring yourself to vote for the other lying excuses that pass themselves off as politicians
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Exactly, that's why I vote for the LibDems, I like the fact that someone who looks like a complete twat, probably eats lentils, and drives a 2CV can say something I agree with (i.e. like the people who speak at the conference not Charlie Kennedy in particular). Liberalism has always been about consensus politics, thrashing out a synthesis of ideas from individuals is something I personally believe in. Charismatic leaders, yeh right, I don't need to be led thank you very much.
  14. Lib Dem share of the Vote:

2005 General Election: 23%

Poll on Friday's Newsnight: 11%

Says it all really. It's been slightly painful to watch... Who's the Favourite? Nick Clegg maybe? Please don't let it be Chris Huhne...