Oh Dear Sven

#2
He's actually been dead for the past 4 weeks.
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#4
This is excellent news, now can we have Mr. Kennedy back, I was disgusted with that coup when it happened, nearly made me swap allegiances....

(nothing personal Sir Menzies, but you know how it is...)
 
#5
Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Should be entertaining watching them scrap like ferrets in a sack over the job, wonder who'll get 'outed' this time?

SD
 
#6
Nehustan said:
This is excellent news, now can we have Mr. Kennedy back, I was disgusted with that coup when it happened, nearly made me swap allegiances....

(nothing personal Sir Menzies, but you know how it is...)
You want the drunk back !!!! are things that bad in the Lib Dems :D
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#8
ViolentBadger said:
Nehustan said:
This is excellent news, now can we have Mr. Kennedy back, I was disgusted with that coup when it happened, nearly made me swap allegiances....

(nothing personal Sir Menzies, but you know how it is...)
You want the drunk back !!!! are things that bad in the Lib Dems :D
Yes I do, I think he is a good fellow to have at the helm, and having/having had a drink problem is a minor problem; how many succesful corporations have alcoholics as the CEO, the others members of AA.

(edited to add wasn't Churchill an alcoholic?)
 
#9
ViolentBadger said:
Nehustan said:
This is excellent news, now can we have Mr. Kennedy back, I was disgusted with that coup when it happened, nearly made me swap allegiances....

(nothing personal Sir Menzies, but you know how it is...)
You want the drunk back !!!! are things that bad in the Lib Dems :D
Look at the whole picture, you would have a choice of Brown the robber, Camerloon and that blair type grin, or a drunk!

Makes complete sence to me, havent voted for years, might start if he gets in :D
 
#10
The Liberal Irrelevants lurch and judder towards final obscurity.

I bet Gutless Gordon will have food for thought now given the rumblings on his own back benches....and front benches....and former leader...and the entire media. Another coup in the offing? It would be quite a cull if Gordon was sent packing as well.
 
#11
I thought he sounded a good bloke with some sound ideas and looked, on TV, like the sort of fellow one would expect to lead the country. Clearly, the young tw*ts in the party and in the media think differently - how sad.

PS: I am a Tory, through and through!
 
#12
Nehustan:
(edited to add wasn't Churchill and alcoholic?)
Yes but Churchill was amusing. Kennedy was drunk but also dull. In fact the more he drank the more duller he became.
Then he hit rock bottom and sought help for his drink problem. When all the while he should have sought help for his dull problem.
 
#13
hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa ha Sven ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Laughing at Sven aside where does this leave politics now? The Libs were down to 11% and provided a viable* alternative to the ever so slightly right of centre that is provided by the 'liarbouratives' I actually had a lot of respect for Sir Menzies. It takes a lot to juggle a career as an MP and a thriving newsagent/ stationary outlet! Joking aside he did tend to add a reasoned debate now and again and he stood by his beleifs rather than 'flip flop' and 'spin' for public opinion.

*only viable if you really couldn't bring yourself to vote for the other lying excuses that pass themselves off as politicians
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#14
goodkurtz said:
Nehustan:
(edited to add wasn't Churchill and alcoholic?)
Yes but Churchill was amusing. Kennedy was drunk but also dull. In fact the more he drank the more duller he became.
Then he hit rock bottom and sought help for his drink problem. When all the while he should have sought help for his dull problem.
Exactly, that's why I vote for the LibDems, I like the fact that someone who looks like a complete twat, probably eats lentils, and drives a 2CV can say something I agree with (i.e. like the people who speak at the conference not Charlie Kennedy in particular). Liberalism has always been about consensus politics, thrashing out a synthesis of ideas from individuals is something I personally believe in. Charismatic leaders, yeh right, I don't need to be led thank you very much.
 
#15
Lib Dem share of the Vote:

2005 General Election: 23%

Poll on Friday's Newsnight: 11%

Says it all really. It's been slightly painful to watch... Who's the Favourite? Nick Clegg maybe? Please don't let it be Chris Huhne...
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#16
Tom_of_Bedlam said:
Lib Dem share of the Vote:

2005 General Election: 23%

Poll on Friday's Newsnight: 11%

Says it all really. It's been slightly painful to watch... Who's the Favourite? Nick Clegg maybe? Please don't let it be Chris Huhne...
If they were to put it to Liberals on the ground I wager most would want Charlie back, most didn't want him to go. People have problems, not very liberal to shit on them when they do. The reason I used the concept of helmsman rather than leader was for good rationale; 'Had too much rum sir? Perhaps retire to your cabin'
 
#18
Bring back Paddy Ashdown.

You know after he left UK politics he went off and sorted out Bosnia? At one point there were noises of pushing him towards the Iraq job (ha).

Menzies Campbell had zero charisma and did not help the party. Unfortunately in today's chav society big impact speeches with nothing behind them (Camertwat), stealing other party's ideas (Brownfcuknuts) and general lying, cheating, stealing bastewards there is no place for someone like Menzies Campbell.

If we can't have Paddy give us a bottom burgling alcoholic with a penchant for mature, thai ladyboys. At least it'll be interesting
 
#19
Yes bring back Paddy Pantsdown,at least his philandering didn't involve rent boys.
 
#20
What we now call binge drinking - we used to just call drinking.

Kennedy isnae any worse than the others at a bottle, wis he?? In fact he looked like a Churchill in the making, and i'm sure if he'd done the impossible and got in - he'd have declared war on Germany & or France as an opening Gambit ;)
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top