Oh dear, so the GDR really wasn't nice then ?

Typical shit reporting from the BBC. The lives lost were the lives of people trying to break into the People's Paradise. Nobody ever tried or even wanted to leave.

I know this to be true because somebody on here said it was.

MsG

My first look at the East German border was enough to convince me that it wasn't a very nice place.
... but if you had been the other side, it would have looked very nice, keeping, as it did, the capitalist scum out of the modern day garden of Eden.

MsG

But they did do it , tunnels , runners, hot air balloons and ( might be a myth) some East German having a low slung sports car , took off the windscreen and drove under the barrier and into West Berlin. Hope it is true.

But they did do it , tunnels , runners, hot air balloons and ( might be a myth) some East German having a low slung sports car , took off the windscreen and drove under the barrier and into West Berlin. Hope it is true.
That was true ISTR photos of the car where (are?) in the CP CHARLIE museum.

Just A Car Guy: Heinz Meixner defects from East Germany by driving through Checkpoint Charlie after removing his windshield 5 May, 1963

A very interessting story indeed! Kudos to Herr Meixner.

Apparently he also let the tyres down a bit, and had his future Mother in Law in the boot... surrounded by bricks as protection against gun fire. Nice.

Apparently the skid marks on the American side were 96ft long.

This is a proper 2 stroke

And might generate suffiecient power to move Diane these days....

Latest Threads