Oh dear Sergey!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Oct 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Russian_Strategic_Missile_Test_Fails_999.html

If you can't make your rockets work, you really shouldn't be allowed to have them. And as for trying to launch one from your unltra-reliable submarines, that's just silly!

I think we can all agree, America's missile shield will have no problem dealing with Russia's so-called 'strategic rocket forces'. :twisted:

Hope you like McDonald's, Sergey!
  2. Then if they're that unreliable why the need for a missile shield?
  3. because no one can trust where the fekkers will end up. First sale: er...
  4. No actual need as such but it does pish off the Russkies. :twisted: I say the European ABM base should be just outside Kiev.
  5. Andy, indeed I suppose that there are serious problems with Bulava missiles.

So the current score is 4:2. I agree it is not good enough. Though Russia has a rich experience with missiles. Personally I suspect that that the disign of Bulava was initially poor. So it is possible the the whole project could be shelved. It is not a tragedy, because our American friends (moreover other countries) hasn't plans to attack Russia and we have time to develop new missile systems or to correct Bulava project.

Moreover, Russia has (though designed in the Soviet times) reliable submarine based missiles.

6. To be fair, Andy, the NMD systems couldn't hit a cow with a barn door and you or I, sat on the back porch with a .177 air rifle would be just as effective at protecting CONUS from ballistic missiles.