Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

We've had the same sort of thing happen in our "you signed for it" world, so I can't say that I'm all that surprised.

Why didn't he : A) have one bucksheesh B) bribe a storeman C) steal one ?

No initative.

Maybe he was busy rolling around in his settlement cash....

Probably controversial but I'm an ill-educated ****

Do the Spams get a good payout if they get mullered? We've all heard the story of the U.S. burglar who sued his victim cos he fell and landed on one of the house-owners knives.

bloomin americans!! and they call themselves patriotic!!

Next thing they'll be a returnable deposit on rounds issued!Imagine a 30 rnd mag,printed on the side-
"Hand back when empty!"

What a QM he must have found Back in the USA.
I was under the immpression that in UK forces, equipment lost on active service was written off, post Zulu wars battle of Isandawal.
john
Spelling.

It happened to a mate of mine in 1991.

Havent seen him since 1996, but if I remember correctly his packet came under attack, his vehicle commander was killed and he got covered in gore. His webbing was burnt as a biological hazard. Got back to BAOR and the SQMS tried billing him for the missing webbing. I seem to recall it was the same action where the 2 REME were also killed trying to defend them (LCpl, SSgt).

He was never right in the head after that, and PVR'd shortly after.

Dogface said:
Gay_Blade said:
Why didn't he : A) have one bucksheesh B) bribe a storeman C) steal one ?

No initative.
He should have just refused to pay, stated the loss was due to neither negilgenece nor willful misconduct, written a sworn statement regarding the circumstances of loss, and been done with it.
According to the story:
He was told to pay nearly $700 or face not being discharged for weeks, perhaps months.

Gay_Blade said:
Why didn't he : A) have one bucksheesh B) bribe a storeman C) steal one ?.
How much? How much?

TA_sig said:
Storeman Norman said:
Gay_Blade said:
Why didn't he : A) have one bucksheesh B) bribe a storeman C) steal one ?.
How much? How much?
A crate of lager normally works well, few bottles of port if he fancies some class.
Send now and I'll see what I can do.