Oh dear Keir

Daz

LE
Onl;y one chain use the traffgic light system and this was only brought in at the end of last year

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Minimum wage monkeys standing there in their stab vests, paying more attention to their mobile phones than numbers coming in and out. My local Sainsburys had these, no radio comms between them to ascertain how many in and how many out, the one at the entrance just kept waving people through until told enough by a staff member.

Mandatory yes, but how many still get through the loophole by blatantly wearing the sunflower lanyard from Amazon because they don't like wearing masks? Sanitisers, fair enough.

And yet the amount of couples seen in all stores seems to go against this, I've seen one of a customer couple rail against a non mask wearing customer quoting Govt regs, yet seemed to skulk away when informed that it was also against Govt regs to go shopping as a couple

Yet there was a massive growth in online food shopping during the first 2 months of the 1st lockdown, so it seems actually GOING shopping is not a necessity.
1, Not quite , its been used by ASDA's, AlDI, COOP, Tesco and others

2, Might be in your area, not in mine - one in, one out and quite well managed

3, TBH I've never seen anyone wearing a sunflower lanyard, the only people I've seen not wearing masks clearly had health issues

4, Couples vary due to the tightness of the local restrictions, however, I have seen couples being told one of them had to go which they complied with, nobody kicked off about it.

5, Online shopping, yes it increased, however, slot availability did prove challaging for quite a few firms, hence Morrison's drivers texting/phoning customers at 2, 3 & 4am asking the customer if they were still up and would they be happy to accept their delivery (Newport Branch BTW) or customers being informed that there were no free slots for a fortnight.

At the end of the day, shopping is a necessity, you getting pissed in the pub is not

Last edited:

Daz

LE
Free advertisement. I bet he gets loads of custom over the coming days.
If the comments on YT are anything to go by he's made more revenue from his online shop because of this than Starmer and his entourage could have possibly spent on a full on piss up.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
A lot of our local shops are using apps that count people in and out. A couple
Grabbed a bar towel for my camper.

how camp?

1618959212044.png

1.34m dead in the UK from COVID? Where on earth did you get that statistic from?

Pile of gash. And the sweeties comment is only valid if you eat the whole bag.

No wonder educational standards in the country are slipping.
I can’t be arsed checking, but the original comment was that there was a 98% survival rate (incorrect, but hey, whatever).

2% of the U.K. population (at 67 millions) is 1.34 millions.

of course it is more complex than (and would prob be closer to the 500k number in THAT epidemiological model if we hadn’t instituted NPI’s) but it puts the OP back in his box as to, ‘bah, only 2% dead...”

Do you just ignore the articles, tables and quotes I so helpfully link in order to demonstrate how piss poor his handling of the pandemic has been?

Thank fck the vaccine programme has been so successful.
Back at the beginning of this I was tasked, on govt pay, to look at how other countries were dEaling in Europe and further afield.

the problem is that the U.K. is unique in a number of confounding factors in comparison to other countries in terms of demographic, population densit, economic, etc, etc. We made a **** ton of mistakes but we also had unique challenges - and others screwed up just as bad as us.

so we didn’t have to have army trucks carting away the bodies. We didn’t have clinicians demonstrating by going naked online due to a lack of PPE. We didn’t “hasten” the deaths of OAP’s. We didn’t refuse to record any Covid death if the paperwork wasn’t in by under 24 hrs. All of this was in western Europe and just the crap I can remember

when it is all over Boris is going to be skewered by various committees - but the reality is that this was an unprecedented event and I don’t think anyone would have got it ‘right‘ bearing in mind the above confounding factors. There is no DS solution for this - and if there was nobody will be able to figure it out until long after it is over and ALOT of research has been done.

Tool

LE
To be fair, in keeping with his stance on, well, everything, he was going to order a pint of every type of beer, a pint of water, sparkling wine, white wine, red wine, whisky, vodka, rum, brandy, Blue Curacao, soda water, lager tops and a Babycham.

"And one for yourself comrade landlord."
Chumbawamba walt...

I never got the covid... even though I am "clinically extremely vulnerable".... according to the NHS...
The clinically vulnerable bit refers to your chances of injury/death if you get it.

Your (and more importantly those around you) adherence to NPI’s is the driving factor in your chances to getting infected.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Back at the beginning of this I was tasked, on govt pay, to look at how other countries were dEaling in Europe and further afield.

the problem is that the U.K. is unique in a number of confounding factors in comparison to other countries in terms of demographic, population densit, economic, etc, etc. We made a **** ton of mistakes but we also had unique challenges - and others screwed up just as bad as us.

so we didn’t have to have army trucks carting away the bodies. We didn’t have clinicians demonstrating by going naked online due to a lack of PPE. We didn’t “hasten” the deaths of OAP’s. We didn’t refuse to record any Covid death if the paperwork wasn’t in by under 24 hrs. All of this was in western Europe and just the crap I can remember

when it is all over Boris is going to be skewered by various committees - but the reality is that this was an unprecedented event and I don’t think anyone would have got it ‘right‘ bearing in mind the above confounding factors. There is no DS solution for this - and if there was nobody will be able to figure it out until long after it is over and ALOT of research has been done.

Good post.

One of the great tragedies of human existence is that, whatever the challenge, be it military operations, childcare for disabled children or a global pandemic, those who are clearly expert in all aspects of everything are strangely never on hand when disaster strikes and we mere mortals are left to get on with it as best as we can.

Good post.

One of the great tragedies of human existence is that, whatever the challenge, be it military operations, childcare for disabled children or a global pandemic, those who are clearly expert in all aspects of everything are strangely never on hand when disaster strikes and we mere mortals are left to get on with it as best as we can.
Exercise CYGNUS was ignored.
This saved money in the short term, but resulted in deaths.

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
The clinically vulnerable bit refers to your chances of injury/death if you get it.

Your (and more importantly those around you) adherence to NPI’s is the driving factor in your chances to getting infected.
Nobody in my family got it..

I did what I wanted and never wore a mask.. didn't listen the knobs in gov or NHS... just dont tell my Rheumatologist that....

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Exercise CYGNUS was ignored.
This saved money in the short term, but resulted in deaths.

One of the first things one discovers when deploying on operations is that the relationship between exercises and reality is highly nuanced.

One of the first things one discovers when deploying on operations is that the relationship between exercises and reality is highly nuanced.
That's nice.

Now toddle off and learn about Ex CYGNUS, good lad.

Latest Threads