OH dear how sad never mind

#3
I feel they provided a valuable service and maybe money from central government could keep the service and advice going.

Where will the poor immigrants go for help now?

And now an honest reply to this thread; **** em!
 

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
#4
I feel they provided a valuable service and maybe money from central government could keep the service and advice going.

Where will the poor immigrants go for help now?

And now an honest reply to this thread; **** em!
They could go to France, they've loads of space.
 
R

rogermellie

Guest
#5
I feel they provided a valuable service and maybe money from central government could keep the service and advice going.

Where will the poor immigrants go for help now?

And now an honest reply to this thread; **** em!
Do we really care?
As I understand it, the IAS was one of those "non charities" and l wonder how many more will fall by the wayside ( lots hopefully)

Kind regards


R M
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#9
Perhaps the lawyers providing this valuable and much needed service will consider doing it on a pro-Bono basis.

Real charity paid for by people who believe in it rather than 'charity' which the taxpayer pays for.
 

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
#10
Perhaps the lawyers providing this valuable and much needed service will consider doing it on a pro-Bono basis.

Real charity paid for by people who believe in it rather than 'charity' which the taxpayer pays for.
The lawyers were so traumatised they called lawyersintrauma.co.uk and have now received a settlement.
 
#12
Some of you have no compassion!

**** EM **** EM **** EM!
Ha Ha nicely done. Indeed **** em. That shit was manned by scum in aid of scum, see what happens when you give ******* scum, access to the till. They'll lift the ******. ******* scum the lot of em! I hope they all get AIDS for all the ******* scum they managed to get in, and the ******* scum too
 

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
#13
As ever there's more to this than meets the eye.

The free service is one of the leading charities giving legal advice and representation to immigrants and asylum seekers in England and Scotland. From April 2009 until March 2010, the charity handled more than 24,000 cases, 14,462 of which were publicly funded immigration cases. In a statement, the ISA said: "The government's reforms include the removal of immigration from the scope of legal aid, and a 10% cut in legal aid fees for refugees seeking asylum within the UK. Immigration accounts for around 60% of IAS's income.
So publicly funded cases were 60% of its income. And the other 40% (which was legal aid) also came from the tax payers purse. So it was a charity that got the overwhelming majority of its income from the government for handling asylum requests. To my mind, that doesn't make it a charity - that makes it a business.

They had also over claimed for legal aid...

The IAS also failed to reach an agreement with the Legal Services Commission (LSC), which runs the legal aid scheme in England and Wales, over the repayment of money which the charity had claimed in error, partly, in IAS's view, due to the LSC's "complex funding rules in place".
And the financial management of the company was (to put it politely) dubious.

A spokesman said: "During recent stewardship activities LSC raised concerns around financial management and claims irregularities which prompted IAS trustees' to conclude that the organisation was no longer financially viable.
We learn that the Immigration Advisory Service had 300 people in 14 branches. Lets do a quick calculation:

300 people at an average salary of say £25,000 gives a wages bill of £7.5 million
14 branches at say £50,000 a year for rent, rates, electricity, etc = £0.7 million.

This one 'charity' alone was probably costing the tax payer between £8 - 9 million pounds a year. No wonder we're broke as a country.

Wordsmith
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top