OH dear how sad never mind

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Pararegtom, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

2. Shame that, drop in demand? Doubt it.
  3. I feel they provided a valuable service and maybe money from central government could keep the service and advice going.

Where will the poor immigrants go for help now?

And now an honest reply to this thread; **** em!
  4. They could go to France, they've loads of space.
  5. Do we really care?
    As I understand it, the IAS was one of those "non charities" and l wonder how many more will fall by the wayside ( lots hopefully)

Kind regards

R M
  6. Some of you have no compassion!

**** EM **** EM **** EM!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. *cough* only noticed the hidden text when i quoted you *cough * :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Not hidden on my phone it's in black.
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Perhaps the lawyers providing this valuable and much needed service will consider doing it on a pro-Bono basis.

Real charity paid for by people who believe in it rather than 'charity' which the taxpayer pays for.
  10. The lawyers were so traumatised they called lawyersintrauma.co.uk and have now received a settlement.

11. How apt!

12. Ha Ha nicely done. Indeed **** em. That shit was manned by scum in aid of scum, see what happens when you give ******* scum, access to the till. They'll lift the ******. ******* scum the lot of em! I hope they all get AIDS for all the ******* scum they managed to get in, and the ******* scum too
  13. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

As ever there's more to this than meets the eye.

So publicly funded cases were 60% of its income. And the other 40% (which was legal aid) also came from the tax payers purse. So it was a charity that got the overwhelming majority of its income from the government for handling asylum requests. To my mind, that doesn't make it a charity - that makes it a business.

They had also over claimed for legal aid...

And the financial management of the company was (to put it politely) dubious.

We learn that the Immigration Advisory Service had 300 people in 14 branches. Lets do a quick calculation:

300 people at an average salary of say £25,000 gives a wages bill of £7.5 million
    14 branches at say £50,000 a year for rent, rates, electricity, etc = £0.7 million.

This one 'charity' alone was probably costing the tax payer between £8 - 9 million pounds a year. No wonder we're broke as a country.

14. They have an apt for it now!!!