• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Oh Christ not another one

All,

Just to add to the sacchrine of the period and a story to rival 'that' poem. My apologies in advance........

Last week I was in West London attending a conference.

While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer.

I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.

Moving through the terminal was a group of soldiers in their uniforms, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering.

When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for, it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red blooded Briton who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families. Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work, and enjoy our home without fear of reprisal.

Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male soldiers.

He knelt down and said 'hi,' the little girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her.

The young soldier didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy.

Suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter’s name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Corporal and had been in Afghanistan for 5 months now.

As the mum was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up.

When this temporarily single mum was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second.

Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie.

They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, 'I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you.'

He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a Kiss on the cheek.

He finished by saying 'Your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon.'

The mum at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mum.

I was standing no more than 6 feet away as this entire event unfolded.

As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause.

As I stood there applauding and looked around, there were very few dry eyes, including my own.

That young soldier in one last act of moment turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices.

At the end of the day, it's good to be British.

Why would a soldier passing through a civilian terminal have a 'walkie talkie'? Why are groups of soldiers passing through civvy terminals anyway? Load of bollox. We flew to Stanstead at the end of tour on both H4 and H8. We weren't even allowed to stand on the pan! We couldn't get off the plane until the coach turned up and we were transferred straight onto it and home. No terminal in sight.

ArmyYid said:
All,

Just to add to the sacchrine of the period and a story to rival 'that' poem. My apologies in advance........

While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer.

I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.

Moving through the terminal was a group of soldiers in their uniforms, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering.

When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for, it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red blooded Briton who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families. Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work, and enjoy our home without fear of reprisal.

Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male soldiers.

He knelt down and said 'hi,' the little girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her.

The young soldier didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy.

Suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter’s name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Corporal and had been in Afghanistan for 5 months now.

As the mum was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up.

When this temporarily single mum was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second.

Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie.

They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, 'I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you.'

He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a Kiss on the cheek.

He finished by saying 'Your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon.'

The mum at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mum.

As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause.

As I stood there applauding and looked around, there were very few dry eyes, including my own.

That young soldier in one last act of moment turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices.

At the end of the day, it's good to be British.
You spend some time typing bullshine :twisted:

MilitaryKike, the fact you posted that pile of shite, and possibly even believed it, coupled with you thinking we might believe it, makes me want to riverdance on your face.

Christ, I thought it was Costa Coffee.

I went in there yesterday and made a right cock of myself cos none of them were wearing Poppies.

However, one young girl behind the counter, who must have only been 20, wearing a face veil and some non Christian Jewelry, gave me a free Mocha to make up for it. I asked her to donate it to Help Some Soldiers, but they didn't have a collection tin, so I trashed the place again.

Fallschirmjager said:
Why would a soldier passing through a civilian terminal have a 'walkie talkie'? Why are groups of soldiers passing through civvy terminals anyway? Load of bollox. We flew to Stanstead at the end of tour on both H4 and H8. We weren't even allowed to stand on the pan! We couldn't get off the plane until the coach turned up and we were transferred straight onto it and home. No terminal in sight.
Just a quick one to add, Feb this yr our flight (R&R) (Telic 13) was diverted from Brize to Gatwick due to a bit of snow! After lots of faffing about we were allowed to make our way to our final destinations, whilst walking through the terminal in our dessies, the people who were waiting about to catch various flights stopped and applauded us as we walked past them, and i have never experienced anything like this in any of the 18yrs of service and numorous operational tours within that time.

ArmyYid said:
All,

I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of love I have ever seen.

Suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, and kneed him in his bollox

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter’s name was Jordan, told the young soldier that her husband was a squaddie and had never been in touch

As the mum was explaining how much her daughter, Jordan, missed her father, the young soldiers began to laugh.

When this single mum was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers started coming onto her.

Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking stick
They started playing with the device and talking between each other

He then twatted this little girl that he had just met and gave her a glasga-Kiss on the nose.

He finished by saying 'Your daddy told me to tell you that he thinks your a spaz and he aint coming near you or ya mom'

The mum at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he flicked the Vs at Courtney and her mum.

That young soldier in one last act of moment turned around and moonedo Courtney

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank noddy and big ears for them and their sacrifices.

At the end of the day, it's good to be Lithuanian.
Better now

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Apart from being RSigs, Yid is a decent bloke. I think he was trying, in his own rather out of touch way, to draw attention to the crap you find on the web, as opposed to the sort of d1cks who post it and mean it. Go on, give the guy a break, did I mention he is in the RSigs? He has enough crosses to bear - oh and he's ginger.

Latest Threads