Oh boll0cks! Gordos comeing to Norn Iron!

He's coming to Stormont on Monday to discuss the devolved government after the spat between McGuiness & Robinson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8281282.stm

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has vowed to support the people of Northern Ireland in completing the "last and unfinished stage of the peace process".

During his speech at the Labour Park conference in Brighton, he called for the devolution of policing and justice to be completed soon.

Mr Brown said his predecessor, Tony Blair, had "to his great credit," started the process.

He said he wanted to see the work completed in the next few months.

Earlier, Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said the bulk of negotiations on devolution of policing and justice were complete and an overall deal on the budget was very close.

'Progress'

Speaking while attending the Labour Party Conference, he said budget talks involving himself, the First Minister and the government were focusing on final figures.

Last week, following talks with the Prime Minster, Mr McGuinness said progress had been "significant".

However, First Minster Peter Robinson signalled a more cautious note.

He pointed out that certain issues were outstanding.

The First and Deputy First Ministers met Gordon Brown in London last Monday to discuss the budget for policing and justice.

Financial deal

Their talks continued on Wednesday in New York where the two ministers attended an economic conference.

At that stage, Mr Robinson made it clear that the DUP would not be concluding the financial deal until the party officers and the party's assembly group had evaluated the package and were satisfied.

He said community confidence remained the crucial test for devolving policing and justice powers.

However, speaking in Brighton today, Mr McGuinness said more discussions would take place in the coming days and the next meeting with Gordon Brown would be "crucial".

"We are very close to agreement and people must remain patient," he said.
First minister Peter Robinson has said he regrets "that the deputy first minister continues to publicly make intemperate personal remarks about me".

He was speaking after Martin McGuinness suggested the first minister might be taking "cold feet" on a deal over devolution of policing and justice.

Martin McGuinness expressed anger at Mr Robinson's failure to meet Gordon Brown this week to discuss the matter.

Mr Robinson cited uncertainty over the future budget for devolving the powers.

He said there was no point in having a meeting while differences between budget estimates of the Treasury and local criminal justice agencies remained.

Mr McGuinness rejected Mr Robinson's argument and said the DUP should explain why they were not prepared to have more meetings this week.

"The people want to see local politicians provide for them through local accountability a first class policing service," he said.

He also said: "I have to record my annoyance at the fact I have not been able to develop a close working relationship with Peter Robinson.

"That is through no deficiency or lack of effort on my part."

In a statement on Wednesday evening, Mr Robinson said: "I am surprised that he believes such attacks are likely to help us resolve the issues that we presently face.

"I am not going to play his game by responding in kind.

He said Mr McGuinness was guilty of a "one-sided nasty attack".

Alliance leader David Ford said the pair needed to maintain a working relationship.

"People don't want more rows at the heart of government. They want to see an Executive that delivers."

Election

Meanwhile, asked earlier if he would stand again for Westminster, Mr Robinson said the DUP were determined to phase out dual mandates.

However, he said his own position would be discussed with party officers.

Mr Robinson said some in his party believed the leader of unionism should be represented both at Stormont and Westminster during the fledgling years of the Assembly.

Also on Wednesday, Nigel Dodds, the DUP deputy leader, said the £8m cost of the latest Assembly expenses reinforced the DUP's argument for reducing the number of MLAs and streamlining the Stormont bureaucracy.

No need, there is peace in NornIron, the party conference this week told us there was. The bad folks (on the hill) have gone away, honest guv.

Oi, JBM, in this new world order, they are PSNI (Polish Division).

Seriously, does the twat really have to come over. Hope theres rough sea's and the ferry is cancelled..... wishful thinking

British_And_Proud said:
Seriously, does the twat really have to come over. Hope theres rough sea's and the ferry is cancelled..... wishful thinking
I wonder if the boyos haven't a sniper or two who'd like to get a bit of practice in. Just a thought.

MsG

British_And_Proud said:

Wanna bet he will announce some 'inniative'?

Gotta get a positive press you know.

He can have a walk around west belfast then. Reminds me of a spin off song about willie whitelaw in the 70s
" He has breakfast in the bogside to show he loves the taigs"
" Then its over to carrickfergus for lunch with Billy Craig" :lol:

You lot over there will do anything to get rid off him,including inflicting him on us! We can ignore our own home grown idiots,but,I have to say,inflicting Cyclops on us is a bit to far.

Bugsy said:
British_And_Proud said:
I wonder if the boyos haven't a sniper or two who'd like to get a bit of practice in. Just a thought.

MsG
If it helps, I'll buy the ammo(and the Guiness for the after-Op party!) :twisted: :wink:

Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
British_And_Proud said:

MsG
If it helps, I'll buy the ammo(and the Guiness for the after-Op party!) :twisted: :wink:
I'll pass the message on, Werewolf. :D
It's .338 Lapua Mag they'll be needing, by the way.

MsG

Broon would do well to drop into Ballykinler & talk to the 2nd Btn of the Rifles and give answers. He really is hated over here in Gods Wee Country.

Bugsy said:
Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
British_And_Proud said:

MsG

MsG
Don't they have a .50 Barret tucked away somewhere? :D

Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
British_And_Proud said:

MsG

MsG
Well, kind sir, if you could arrange a coupla rounds for that .....

MsG

Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
British_And_Proud said:

MsG

MsG
He's more than likely stealth taxed the hell out of it!

Bugsy said:
Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
British_And_Proud said:

MsG

MsG
Well, kind sir, if you could arrange a coupla rounds for that .....

MsG
Standard ball or DU rounds? 8) :twisted:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BADAJOZ Current Affairs, News and Analysis 6
semper Current Affairs, News and Analysis 95