Oggies Cornish Parsties

started with the basics of :- shed load of skirt beef. Swede. Onion. Potato. Shortbread pastry. Salt. Pepper. Butter. milk.
pasty1.jpg
Rolled out the pastry as best you can after a couple of lagers
pasty2.jpg
Placed the nasties on the pastry
pasty5.jpg
Added the milk around the edges of the pastry for the crimping
pasty7.jpg
Crimping the edges together is a bitch
pasty6.jpg
Ready for baking @ 180 for about an hour
pasty8.jpg
Fackin hell they didnt fall apart
pasty9.jpg
Perfect with a Czech home brewed lager
pasty10.jpg
Proper Job

shortbread or shortcrust pastry??

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I fondly recall refuelling in Plymouth after a 9 month deployment. The oggy boat came out to the buoy and delivered 280 pasties for the crew.

First British scran we'd had in 9 months.

Of course as a Portsmouth based ship we'd have all preferred kebabs but it was the thought that counted.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Ha Ha yeah you are right, think i will stick with the curries
My Thai friend asked me to take him pasties the last time I visited Bangkok. I bought some very decent ones but unfortunately they weren't to his taste. 'They aren't from Gregg's'!
No wonder Asians are getting fatter.

Good effort, though served with Czech home brewed lager, tut tut.

**** all Cornish about 'em these days, made and packed by Poles to ye olde-commercially- viable recipe. Ivor Dewdney in Plymouth (england) makes the best ones.

**** all Cornish about 'em these days, made and packed by Poles to ye olde-commercially- viable recipe. Ivor Dewdney in Plymouth (england) makes the best ones.
Diverted the Tamar around Marsh Mills, have they?

Errrmmmmm shortcrust

That's what i thought I take it you put shortbread just to check who was paying attention

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
You're killing me. I can't get a decent pastie for love nor money in Alberta. That's all I'm going to eat, along with some decent fish and chips, when I'm back for a visit next month.

if you're near kingston, try the polish bakery/cake shop opposite O'Neills pub - they do the best pasties in there I've had for a while.

as a guilty pleasure mind, a pair of microwaved Holland's pasties, slathered in salt and pepper and a liberal covering of HP sauce is always good.

I always fry off my swede and spud first to make them softer. Not living in the UK anymore I have made it a mission of mine to master cooking the basic British comfort food as none of these heathens around here know how to. I have mastered the Oggie, Scotch Egg, Sausage Roll and Mulligatawny soup.

I am working on the Chicken and mushroom Pie and am at a complete loss for Faggots or Haggis.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yep, not a pretty sight for pasties, tend to stuff to much in them and not leave enough pastry for the crimping

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This will sound gay as **** but some years back I was putting a vegetarian bird to the sword. As such I got quite good at making meat free scran.

I did pasties with fried butternut squash, watercress, sesame seeds and **** loads of mature cheddar.

They were rather good.

Of course now I've fucked her off, meat goes in everything I cook.