Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by irlsgt, Aug 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Friend of mine is looking for OG PLCE CEFO and possibly bergen (not webtex) anyone suggest any sources that will ship to R of I?

Cost is a factor!
  2. Your best bet would be to get in ouch with Protac, they have a shop down on the Curragh [?]. The owner comes over a couple of times a year and buys all he can find as it is popular with the Irish Defence Forces boys.
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

cadet sources too, got my og bergan for civ st practice and trekking from a cadet-source early 2006 on here, too long ago to recall user but any source should help.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The's a place up North in Newtownards that has it in stock.Not sure of the name but it's on the Comber Road.
  5. What quantity of kit is he requiring and when does he want it?
  6. I have loads of the stuff, pm me if interested...
  7. Looking for a genuine issue PLCE bergen (including rockets & yoke) in excellent knick, any help??
  8. A serious question... do your mob not actually issue this kit?
  9. The regular army now have a semi-modular type vest in Irish DPM, we get a small amount of PG PLCE on pool issue.

Why do people buy an issue kit?

Any fool can be uncomfortable - you know it fits
    You know what state it is in
    You have it prepacked and ready to go

etc etc
  10. I can get a long back bergen (thats for people over 6ft 2inches).

Being 5' 9" will it cause problems wearing/using it????
  11. With belt order quite probably, I'm 6'1" and use a short back which allows it to sit above/on top belt order a longback sits 'in front' of it and pushes it into the small of your back.