OG PLCE

Friend of mine is looking for OG PLCE CEFO and possibly bergen (not webtex) anyone suggest any sources that will ship to R of I?

Cost is a factor!

Your best bet would be to get in ouch with Protac, they have a shop down on the Curragh [?]. The owner comes over a couple of times a year and buys all he can find as it is popular with the Irish Defence Forces boys.

Mr Happy

LE
cadet sources too, got my og bergan for civ st practice and trekking from a cadet-source early 2006 on here, too long ago to recall user but any source should help.

The regular army now have a semi-modular type vest in Irish DPM, we get a small amount of PG PLCE on pool issue.

Why do people buy an issue kit?

Any fool can be uncomfortable - you know it fits
You know what state it is in
You have it prepacked and ready to go
Shortages

etc etc

With belt order quite probably, I'm 6'1" and use a short back which allows it to sit above/on top belt order a longback sits 'in front' of it and pushes it into the small of your back.

Have fun with the OG PLCE, the belt is less flexible than granite. I'll save you a learning curve and say that it's easier to use pliers and bend the brass attachment hooks into the belt.

Boxy said:
With belt order quite probably, I'm 6'1" and use a short back which allows it to sit above/on top belt order a longback sits 'in front' of it and pushes it into the small of your back.
Much appreciated!

If only I had seen this a week ago just litteraly threw about 500 sets of OG belt kit and bergens in the skip an it was only in Belfast so could have been easily sent

stormtrooper2006 said:
If only I had seen this a week ago just litteraly threw about 500 sets of OG belt kit and bergens in the skip an it was only in Belfast so could have been easily sent
You didn't think to E-Bay it? Dear me!

I am seeking to purchase a geniuing PLCE webbing belt, I have tried the surplus stores but the ones available appear to be copies. (weak stitching, very flexible, light wieght etc).

Please can somebody post a picture of the inside surface of PLCE belt showing the lable, i.e. nato stock no, manufacture details etc, so I can be certain of buying a genuine one.

If any body has a spare PLCE webbing belt for sale (and any other olive green PLCE items and 44/58 pattern webbing for sale), please PM me. (If you are close to Milton Keynes, i.e. Bicester, I will collect).

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly Weapons, Equipment & Rations 104
Mr_Nice Weapons, Equipment & Rations 6
Altburger Weapons, Equipment & Rations 13