Offrs to Sgts Mess Carols

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Swerve_To_Lead, Dec 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alas it seems like silly season is apon us!

Of course one of the joys of being a subbie are those wonderful mess taskings.

Has anyone got any ideas on a funny spin with Crimbo carols. Any decent one liners will do. Lacking some serious inspiration at the moment and will have to make up some random stories about the RSM.

Any help please? :?
  2. What is it you actually want? If you are a subbie, and you´ve been invited to the WOs´ and Sgts´ Mess to sing carols, what is the tasking? Just enjoy the priviledge of being invited to the other mess, sing, have a drink, wish your NCOs a happy Christmas and leave. Taking the piss out of the RSM or any of your hosts should not be on the agenda.
  3. You what?

Everytime i've been invited to the Sgts Mess we have had to sing Christmas carols with the Lyrics changed.

Usually high lighting the key Sgts Mess members out for particular note.

Its not like i wouldn't want to take the easy option either of just printing off some song sheets, there was quite alot of direction from on high as is the norm on these things.
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Silly boy.

Don't you know you are supposed to prostrate yourself before the mighty bedding storeman, clothing storeman, MTSNCO and all other demi Gods of the WOs and Sgts mess?

Humour and frivolity at this time of year between messes is absolutely forbidden.

In answer to your question, I haven't a clue. We always just settled for drinking, pish taking, Karaoke and games of "nails".
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ask the Emperor Mong - I am sure he would be more than delighted to assist you in you task.

Edit for mong speling