Offrs OJAR template

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by msr, Mar 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Does anyone have a word template for Offrs OJARs?

I know you have to use the disk and formfiller software for the actual OJAR itself, but it would be handy to have a template to work from at home.

2. MSR - I'll get it to you when I get back to the office - assuming you don't get a response from someone else before then! t
  3. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP

Regret there is no facility to export a blank OJAR format from the software into say MS WORD.

All you can do is go into the OJAR software and print a blank form then use that.

Even if you do screen shots of the blank pages a complete page cannot be captured in one shot.

No worries the deep and unalloyed joys of JPA Appraisal will be with us soon :thumright:
  4. If it is something that you need to do, then your SA/CC should be able to lend you the disk to install OJAR/Office writer on your own laptop/PC. I was told that the corporate licence for the software allows for this.
  5. All you need is a PC with a floppy drive! Pretty rare these days.
  6. What you can do is to use report Writer on your PC, then email the OJAR to your 1st RO or CC for onward passage.

Be warned though. Once you send the email, the file is wiped from your system, so you might want to take a backup before it goes.
  7. Moving off to a tangent - you can save a working copy of the OJAR first under save as, but this has the potential to go horribly wrong when you open the working copy and it overwrites your master copy, so best avoided.

However, when sending the original, whilst it wipes this copy from your OJAR software, outlook will keep the sent e-mail, plus OJAR attachment(s) in the 'sent' e-mail folder should it be needed.

Ah how I miss the heady days of being an Adjutant :)
  8. As i remember it you didn't really do too much of this as Adjt, instead leaving it to us to sort it ourselves! New Adjt is more efficient and better looking! :?
  9. who's the fool? and your point is?? Although I must agree the new Adjt is considerably better looking.